Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2015 ST A/C Delete?

So I am a new member here. have a 2015 Fiesta ST which was a daily driver for the first 60,000km of it's life.

I have since been building it towards a track oriented, aggressive road driver with road courses, autoX and some light drag racing duty in mind.

I had an AC issue and taking it to a dealer for a warranty repair the tech was lazy (at least I can assume) and deemed the fault of the situation was my Cobb CAI. Nevertheless the $1200 repair I was quoted was turned down and I just drove with the windows down.

Has anyone successfully deleted the AC on one of these new cars? I figured the weight savings will be worth it considering the AC doesn't work to begin with. Anyone have specs on the belt required or a bracket that you can remain using the stock belt?

Thanks!

Jerickson88

So I am a new member here. have a 2015 Fiesta ST which was a daily driver for the first 60,000km of it's life.

I have since been building it towards a track oriented, aggressive road driver with road courses, autoX and some light drag racing duty in mind.

I had an AC issue and taking it to a dealer for a warranty repair the tech was lazy (at least I can assume) and deemed the fault of the situation was my Cobb CAI. Nevertheless the $1200 repair I was quoted was turned down and I just drove with the windows down.

Has anyone successfully deleted the AC on one of these new cars? I figured the weight savings will be worth it considering the AC doesn't work to begin with. Anyone have specs on the belt required or a bracket that you can remain using the stock belt?

Thanks!
If it were me, id toss my stock intake back on and go to a different dealer. Sounds like a douchebag to me!

OP
Burnsy895
Thread Starter #3
If it were me, id toss my stock intake back on and go to a different dealer. Sounds like a douchebag to me!
Yeah I was quite annoyed at the time but my warranty has since run out so I'm over it and just looking to maximize performance now

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Jerickson88

Yeah I was quite annoyed at the time but my warranty has since run out so I'm over it and just looking to maximize performance now

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Does your Summer temps get over 75*?

You can always remove the compressor, and measure for a shorter belt, possibly?

OP
Burnsy895
Thread Starter #5
We get to like 100f usually but rarely it gets that high and probably sits around 75 for most of the summer, my daily driver has ice cold AC so I am not overly concerned at the moment.

Jerickson88

We get to like 100f usually but rarely it gets that high and probably sits around 75 for most of the summer, my daily driver has ice cold AC so I am not overly concerned at the moment.
http://www.pumaspeed.com/product-Pumaspeed-ST180-Air-Con-Delete-Belt_17158.jsp

See if that gets you there. Just a quick google, but you may find that local to you with just the info off of the belt. Make sure that by removing the belt you retain routing correctly and that there’s nothing online btw the other pulleys i suppose

Has anyone successfully deleted the AC on one of these new cars?
wondering if You were able to find the a/c delete?
i also have 2015 ST and it's a stage rally car.
fixing it after latest off and since it's all apart trying to shave a bit of weight here and there

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
The part you are looking for is the B spec AC delete kit.
I purchased one of these for my '14 FiST (same part) but never used it and sold it.
This was a genuine Ford part but Unfortunally is no longer available.

https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-19216-FSB

All I could suggest in try to contact any B spec teams to see if someone may still have one.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
wondering if You were able to find the a/c delete?
i also have 2015 ST and it's a stage rally car.
fixing it after latest off and since it's all apart trying to shave a bit of weight here and there
LIMITED 2WD class (or whatever the C.A.R.S. equivalent is)?

The part you are looking for is the B spec AC delete kit.
I purchased one of these for my '14 FiST (same part) but never used it and sold it.
This was a genuine Ford part but Unfortunally is no longer available.

https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-19216-FSB

All I could suggest in try to contact any B spec teams to see if someone may still have one.
it's for 11-12 Fiesta but not for 2015 and not "ST" which i need
and it's sold here as well
https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/...-compressor-elimination-kit/m19216fsb/4316175
also here
https://autoplicity.com/4264315-ford-racing-m19216fsb
I actually went to a Ford dealership a while ago and we looked at pictures of one installed
that one was definitely for n/a Fiesta

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
it's for 11-12 Fiesta but not for 2015 and not "ST" which i need
I understand what it says.
I checked Ford Parts and the ST and SE use the exact same AC compressor (by part number AV1Z-19703-K).
Also the guy I sold mine to, put it on a FiST.
So unless the part number listings I found are wrong, (or I screwed up) it should fit.

I understand what it says.
I checked Ford Parts and the ST and SE use the exact same AC compressor (by part number AV1Z-19703-K).
Also the guy I sold mine to, put it on a FiST.
So unless the part number listings I found are wrong, (or I screwed up) it should fit.
compressors could be the same, but it definitely won't fit, at least that's what was in picture.
also 2012 block is different from 2013+
but i guess we need some one who can actually say he had installed it in newer ST

Parts needed to delete the AC from the ST. 1 pulley, 1 belt. It says AC Delete kit in the description.
yes, we all know we need a kit (bracket, pulley and the belt)
and pretty sure i know how they look )
now: where to get one for 2014+ ST?

koozy

3000 Post Club
yes, we all know we need a kit (bracket, pulley and the belt)
and pretty sure i know how they look )
now: where to get one for 2014+ ST?
Apparently no bracket required for '14+, just a new pulley and a new belt. If a bracket was required, it should have been listed in the description I would think.

Apparently no bracket required for '14+, just a new pulley and a new belt. If a bracket was required, it should have been listed in the description I would think.
my fiesta has front end taken apart
and nope, if You remove a/c compressor there's nothing to bolt the pulley on.
and i mean nothing, it'll just hang up in the air
there has to be a bracket. no way around it

koozy

3000 Post Club