Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Driver Side Keyless Entry not Working

So like the title says the keyless entry on the drivers side is not working. The button on the door handle doesn't appear to be working properly. It will unlock and lock just fine with the fob, I also replaced the battery in the fob and the passenger side works as normal. I also removed the door handle to inspect the wiring because I've heard people having the problem of it becoming disconnected over time. Of course as soon as I removed the door handle it came off in my hands, disconnected and all so I'm not entirely sure if it was disconnected from the start or just from me removing it. I reconnected he four wires to reflect the working passenger side and still no luck. The only other thing I can think of is that the button itself is faulty or the wiring for whatever reason is different on the drivers side than on the passenger. It's out of warranty and I really don't feel like taking it to the dealership. Any help would be appreciated. Cheers.

OP
T
Thread Starter #3
Sounds like the button. You could swap with the passenger side to confirm.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Yeah, I considered giving that a try. Im not sure how difficult it would be.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
If you've managed to do all that yourself, no need to visit the dealer.

I've not ready of any other failures outside of this thread. So if your swap-test proves that it is indeed defective, grab another from the junkyard.