Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Tail light flasher module

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
Well the flasher modules are in! Working perfectly and definitely grabs your attention. I’ll try to post a video when I get time. Thanks to everyone for the suggestions and info!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Video would be awesome, I'm gonna post up a vid of mine too. I only have the 3rd brake light , I'd love to see how yours looks.

GTP

Love to see a video of the Amazon style install of one! This is going on my car ASAP. This car gets tailgated worse than any other I’ve had....

OP
D
Thread Starter #23
Here is the video of the LED flasher modules at work with my son's commentary. Fast flashes to slow flashes to solid. Taillights are red smoke Spec-D LED's. Simple install and the results are great. Most people brake a lot earlier behind me, which was the purpose of this mod since I've already been rear ended once with no noticeable damage.

https://imgur.com/BIWXXHm

Here is the video of the LED flasher modules at work with my son's commentary. Fast flashes to slow flashes to solid. Taillights are red smoke Spec-D LED's. Simple install and the results are great. Most people brake a lot earlier behind me, which was the purpose of this mod since I've already been rear ended once with no noticeable damage.

https://imgur.com/BIWXXHm
Nice work. Looks great.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

OP
D
Thread Starter #26
Ill stick with the Center high mount stop lamp Option.[raceflag]
Yea I’ve only ever seen the third brake light done on Fiesta’s. Figured I’d try something different at least it works just as well from what I’ve experienced. I thought about switching to one that only has some quick flashes but I really don’t feel like redoing those connections. They definitely don’t give you a lot of wire length to work with!

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Yea I’ve only ever seen the third brake light done on Fiesta’s. Figured I’d try something different at least it works just as well from what I’ve experienced. I thought about switching to one that only has some quick flashes but I really don’t feel like redoing those connections. They definitely don’t give you a lot of wire length to work with!

Its always good to have options and good DIY info though for whatever floats our boats! So peeps can have a reference to know what something will look like when completed! [party]

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
Ill stick with the Center high mount stop lamp Option.[raceflag]
Ditto. I think the center mount flash mod grabs your eye more.

I need to film mine and post it up, been away for work for the last couple of weeks.

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
I think it looks great, but would add the center high mount as well, as I think that it's the most attention grabbing.

As for the wiring, I thought the same thing, but if you pull the wing (ez-pz, 5 min job), there's plenty of wire to work with.

Interestingly enough, around nyc the brake light flash is the more common one, since no wiring is needed. Just a pair of cheap ebay/amazon led flasher bulbs.
I tried that first, but they just kept flashing non-stop when I started the car.

OP
D
Thread Starter #30
I think it looks great, but would add the center high mount as well, as I think that it's the most attention grabbing.
I thought about it but I don’t know if that would be too much. I see the center light on them all the time by me. Figured worst case at least the tails are unique. I haven’t seen a FiST with them in my area yet. My favorite part of the lights is still when they’re just on at night

OP
D
Thread Starter #32
Yea I see those and one that is only 3 fast blinks then solid. As long as it decreases our chances of being rear ended it’s a win. I know there’s that website for like STFlashers or something but amazon has the same thing $10 for two. Some have different blinking styles. A friend of mine accidentally put a non-stop strobing module like for emergency vehicles in and I couldn’t stop laughing cause it looked ridiculous [emoji23]

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Yea I see those and one that is only 3 fast blinks then solid. As long as it decreases our chances of being rear ended it’s a win. I know there’s that website for like STFlashers or something but amazon has the same thing $10 for two. Some have different blinking styles. A friend of mine accidentally put a non-stop strobing module like for emergency vehicles in and I couldn’t stop laughing cause it looked ridiculous [emoji23]

Yeah it definitely helps...people tailgating....I just gently step on the brake and it usually is enough to make them back off and think what is that? [strongman]

OP
D
Thread Starter #34
Yeah it definitely helps...people tailgating....I just gentle step on the brake and it usually is enough to make them back off and think what is that? [strongman]
Ha definitely happens often. I had someone who had been tailgating the hell out of other people slam on their brakes when they got behind me. Told me at a stoplight they thought my hazards were coming on and I said good it’ll help you keep your distance. I avoid tailgating 1: not to be an ass, 2: I hate downshifting constantly when people drive with what I call the slinky effect. A bunch of cars slowing down and speeding up cause they can’t keep their distance from each other.

Yeah it definitely helps...people tailgating....I just gently step on the brake and it usually is enough to make them back off and think what is that? [strongman]
I have the same thing, it was a dealer installed option that I refused to pay for but they threw it in for free anyways. I am glad they did, it works great. On the purchase documents it is referred to as a PULSE system.

https://www.pulseprotects.com/product-info/

OP
D
Thread Starter #37
I have the same thing, it was a dealer installed option that I refused to pay for but they threw it in for free anyways. I am glad they did, it works great. On the purchase documents it is referred to as a PULSE system.

https://www.pulseprotects.com/product-info/
I believe after the DOT study done California mandates them in 3rd brake lights. At least that’s what most websites for these things say. Either way the proof if there. Definitely makes slowing down safer.

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
I believe after the DOT study done California mandates them in 3rd brake lights. At least that’s what most websites for these things say. Either way the proof if there. Definitely makes slowing down safer.

I noticed a HUGE difference in people behind me after the install.
Either people stay much further back in traffic or they get out from behind me because it annoys them, which is fine by me. It's usually the a-hole tailgaters that seem to get annoyed the most.

I also find myself doing several taps on the pedal to keep the rapid flash sequence going when needing to stop in those surprise/sudden traffic slowdowns that are the most dangerous. In the past, I would throw the hazzards on.

OP
D
Thread Starter #39
I noticed a HUGE difference in people behind me after the install.
Either people stay much further back in traffic or they get out from behind me because it annoys them, which is fine by me. It's usually the a-hole tailgaters that seem to get annoyed the most.

I also find myself doing several taps on the pedal to keep the rapid flash sequence going when needing to stop in those surprise/sudden traffic slowdowns that are the most dangerous. In the past, I would throw the hazzards on.
I do the same thing. The slow blink is definitely visible but that rapid fire led flash is by far the biggest attention getter it seems.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Motorcycle blinks at random unpredictable intervals at least a couple of seconds apart, while stopped. It's actually triggered by irregularities in the power feed and the manufacturer recommends putting a cap or resistor on it, but left it be for the added safety factor. I also keep an eye on my mirror.

I've only done that to a cop. Otherwise I usually just switch lanes or ignore people who do that. A lot of folks see 'small car' and assume it's you holding up the left lane. If you just let'em sit back there long enough, they usually figure it out, back off and chill anyway. Or they change lanes intending to around only to find out it ain't you after all. I'll often back off some more to let them around anyway.

There was one time on the highway where I had to legitimately make a quick stop (because some idgit wanted to make a U-Turn on the highway) and while I knew the FiST wouldn't have any problem making the stop, I wasn't sure that that the white Ford pickup on my rear bumper would. So I pulled off to the side of the stopped car in front of me onto the berm.

That being said, I wouldn't recommend playing road games with folks. It ain't cool. Traffic permitting, just let them around. Maybe they have to use the bathroom or some other "need". It doesn't excuse the behavior by any means but it's best/safest practice and just plain "adult" vs adolescent behavior. Don't be the adolescent.

I've had a couple of folks, apparently with nothing better to do, tailgate on the highway just to report the plate to the cops because somebody dared go faster than them. It happened this evening. I just ignored him. Probably an off-duty. But I still don't "brake check" folks. It ain't cool.