Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Android Auto- inserted USB device not responding

Hey everybody, I have a 2016 with the sync 3. At the beginning of the year, I finally got around to updating the software to include Android auto and Apple carplay. Since that day, my sync 3 system has not been able to recognize Android auto nor I have my phone plugged in to the USB port. The error message that I keep getting is the inserted USB device is not responding. I have done a master reset, as well as a hard reset, and still nothing. I am out of my standard 36000 mile warranty, however I do have an extended warranty that I do believe covers Electronics in the car. I was wondering two things:

1. Can I fix this problem myself? And if so do I need to do anything special with uninstalling or reinstalling the software that's on the sync 3. By this, I mean uninstall and the original update include Android auto and Apple carplay, and reinstall that update.

2. If this cannot be fixed by myself, how do I approach the dealership and tell them exactly what is wrong? I know this seems like a dumb question, but the two dealerships that I called in my local area did not give a clear-cut answer, nor did they have any clue as to what I was talking about.

Being the kind of person I am, I was stupid enough to let this go by for so many months, however it has finally gotten on my last straw. I'll greatly appreciate any and all help with this!

What phone are you trying to run? I used to have a galaxy S6 that would run AA flawlessly, but switched to the essential PH-1 and have had no success.

Also good to see another Volvo convert on here haha my first car was a 760 turbo that I still have to this day!

OP
brandons1209
Thread Starter #3
What phone are you trying to run? I used to have a galaxy S6 that would run AA flawlessly, but switched to the essential PH-1 and have had no success.

Also good to see another Volvo convert on here haha my first car was a 760 turbo that I still have to this day!
I am currently on a Samsung S6. Even my buddy who has an iphone 7 couldnt get it to work.

And yes sir! I had a 1989 Volvo 740 GL, that was my first car along with the above-mentioned 1984 Volvo 240 GL. Unfortunately I sold my 740 however I'm still in contact with a gentleman who owns it and I offered to buy it back at any time that he no longer wants it LOL. The 760 is somethat i haven't Seen alot of for sale. The only caveat to that and, is I did see a couple 240 diesels, and one 1985 760 turbo diesel, but not many driving around anymore.

I had this same message on my screen when I tried to use a cheap USB cord I bought from a gas station. When I've used better quality cables, I never see the error. Have you tried using a different cable? I'm not sure if it has something to do with how the cable is wired or a chip in-line that doesn't communicate correctly, or perhaps it's not wired for data transfer and is only good for power transfer. It may seem like a long shot, but it could be the same issue.