Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Adding a third key fob

Hi all, did a quick search but couldn't find a definitive answer.

I have the original two working key fobs for my 2015. I'd like to add a third one.

Does anyone know if a third one can be programmed if you have the two originals that came with the car?

With the older Ford PATS security keys, if you had the original two, you could program a third at home without having to have the dealer do it.

Thanks

slopoke

I bought a third remote and tried all of the things that I found online with no success. Looks like I'm going to have to go to a locksmith to have it linked to the car.

OP
Gone in 60
Thread Starter #3
Thanks for letting me know. Maybe I’ll stick with two. I always made a spate PATS key and used it, and kept the original keys stored for security.

Zormecteon

I haven't checked but I thought instructions were in the manual... correct me if I'm wrong.

slopoke

I haven't checked but I thought instructions were in the manual... correct me if I'm wrong.
The manual does have programming instructions, but it's for the integrated key head transmitter, not the intelligent access transmitter that we have in our Fiesta ST. Look at page 45 and 46 of the owners manual.

slopoke

I talked to a locksmith and he said only a dealer has the tool to do this for now.
I spoke to my local locksmith a while back and they stated that they can do it. I specified a 2018 with Intelligent Access remote and their reply was yes. That was about three months ago. Keep forgetting to go and have it done. Maybe talk to a different locksmith?

dmb

I spoke to my local locksmith a while back and they stated that they can do it. I specified a 2018 with Intelligent Access remote and their reply was yes. That was about three months ago. Keep forgetting to go and have it done. Maybe talk to a different locksmith?
thanks, I washed my keys so i'm in a hard place right now. warning don't leave your keys in your pants.