Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

TPMS relearn question specific to 2017+ Sync 3

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
Do I need to buy the relearn tool (TPMS19) for the 2017+ sync 3 when adding new sensors? Looking at amazon, ebay etc, the tool info says up to 2016 for our car.

Thanks

yes. I just did this. I paid $20 shipped from ebay. There are a few methods to program it online but the only one that worked on my 2018 car was to use the brake pedal and starter button method. the hazzard on/off trick did not work

Last edited:
OP
FiSTerMr

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
yes. I just did this. I paid $20 shipped from ebay. There are a few methods to program it online but they only one that worked on my 2018 car was to use the brake pedal and starter button method. the hazzard on/off tried did not work
Ok, thanks.

one more tip -- you have to drive around on the new setup until the light comes on before I could get it to work.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
After a season of sitting unused, I "couldn't" get TPMS sensors in a set of tires to come out of hibernation; actually I could only get one. So I had replacements installed.

Next season. I could only get two to activate. Drove some more, got another. It finally took two tank fulls of gas before all four were active again. So if no dice with the tool, run through at least a couple of tanks before residing on the possibility that you'll require replacement sensors.

OP
FiSTerMr

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #6
After a season of sitting unused, I "couldn't" get TPMS sensors in a set of tires to come out of hibernation; actually I could only get one. So I had replacements installed.

Next season. I could only get two to activate. Drove some more, got another. It finally took two tank fulls of gas before all four were active again. So if no dice with the tool, run through at least a couple of tanks before residing on the possibility that you'll require replacement sensors.
Just did mine tonight, took five minutes. I used the instructions found below, I think it's from Cobb's website.
TBH, I don't even care about these things, but the winter set up I bought came with them, So I figured might as well.
$20 on ebay for the tool.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Yip. I had did all that several times... even resorted to doing those steps again while jumping in the air and clicking my heels three times yelling "home! home! home!". Made no difference. I stopped short of drawing pentagrams. Physical shock is what brings them out of hibernation. But driving 80+MPH and otherwise normal driving didn't work right away. I suspect that they my wheels just had to land on a curb or something just right.

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
use ForScan to disable TPMS then check your tire pressure like you used to

OP
FiSTerMr

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #9
I might do that down the road. But now both sets have the sensors, so it's ok. TBH, the light doesn't really bother me. I thought it would when I got my original Winter set, but nope.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
[;)]
I check the pressures anyway. They don't call'em dummy/idiot lights for noth'n. The light likely doesn't come on until you're well into wheel-damage territory anyway. If they weren't low profile I'd disable TPMS in a heart beat.

OP
FiSTerMr

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #11
I check the pressures anyway. They don't call'em dummy/idiot lights for noth'n. The light likely doesn't come on until you're well into wheel-damage territory anyway. If they weren't low profile I'd disable TPMS in a heart beat.
When I had my stock rims on, the stupid light came on when I was around 2 to 3 pounds below spec. I couldn't believe it.