Welcome to Fiesta ST Forum, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals

Country
    Canada
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by danbfree View Post
    The good news is that you should be able to get those parts used pretty cheap and get what you need to back to stock... Again, best of luck to you man!
    Thanks!

Ill be sure to replace that EVAP valve, and also Ill replace the PCV as well.
    Those are super cheap, so I'm going to replace those asap(After looking at the legal stuff again).

I might have more questions concerning those two things.

Other than that I think I got to play it out and see what happens.

In the mean time thanks to everyone for all the help.

Senior Member 299 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 1000 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points
    State
    OR
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mk_not_a_robot View Post
    Thanks!

Ill be sure to replace that EVAP value, and also Ill replace the PCV as well.
    Those are super cheap, so I'm going to replace those asap(After looking at the legal stuff again).

I might have more questions concerning those two things.

Other than that I think I got to play it out and see what happens.

In the mean time thanks to everyone for all the help.
    Sounds like a plan, if anything comes up just ask here and we'll try to help out!
    '17 Magnetic, black wheels/red calipers only option - New Feb, '18. Dizzy V2 e30 with Cobb TC at 3 as daily smooth tune, Stratified v4.00 93 octane with Stratified Optimal TC when e85 not available. Torque Solutions 75a RMM, TB Performance Traction Bar, Mojo Mfg short shift kit, drop-in filter w/cold air shroud cutout. Whoosh silicone Symposer delete and hotside J pipe, 18" Magnaflow glasspack muffler with 9" resonated DC Sports black tip, Powerflex passenger side Street engine mount insert with ARP bolt upgrade, step colder NGK plugs gapped at .0275. *Driver side/trans mount insert, TS VR2 EM plumb back DV and Whoosh crossover with turbo inlet installed soon.

FYI - 92 octane e10 pump premium is very close to if not actually 93 octane, start with a 93 tune and datalog from there or you're leaving free power on the table running 91 tunes.

Member 97 Rep Points
    Ratings | Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

Right, I get what you're saying. This is the reason why I ordered that Cat, and was thinking about the ECU and air intake.

Because the removed cat, and the modded ECU, this has a real chance of voiding that warranty.
    If it didn't I would have just brought it into a ford dealership and told them to fix it.

This is also the reason why I sent it to a independent mechanic to do a diagnostic.
    I didn't want to send it back for a diagnostic ( to the non-ford dealership I bought it from) for several reasons.

Truth is, Since I didn't do my due diligence, I'm aware that I'm drawing the short straw on this one.
    The two dudes who sold it to me deserve a baseball bat to the shins, but legally I'm not on the best footing.

I'm going to take a second look at my legal options like I mentioned anyways.

Also, it seems like the engine is developing lifter tick as well.
    If the legal angle fails, getting it back into a "warranty" condition is my best bet to avoid paying thousands more if that ticking gets worse.

So yeah, that's my motivation to buy more parts.
    these engines don't have lifters so be careful being timid because time is not on your side this time. Good Luck Bro, Dennis

Ratings | Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points
    State
    IN
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

Also, it seems like the engine is developing lifter tick as well.
    Hi! I told you to come here for advice, and you did. Good.

The other site is good if you want to buy stuff, but this is where people will actually help you out.

The stock FiST has a "ticky" sound, with the hood open. It's normal. As dmb already said, it doesn't have lifters. That's just due to the direct injection. Nothing to worry about.
    2017 Magnetic, everything but the Recaros. MP 215, mountune shift kit and shift knob, Husky floor liners. That's all I'm doing, I swear!.. OK, I lied. Also added an intake hose and symposer delete. But that really is all, I swear this time! Okay. just one other thing: A mountune RMM. Now I really am done, I promise!

0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals

Country
    Canada
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmb View Post
    these engines don't have lifters so be careful being timid because time is not on your side this time. Good Luck Bro, Dennis

I looked into the legal angle once again, and went to the BBB.

According to them, since the paper states no warranty, and sold as is. And since they state on the inspection report that the cat is missing, and the ECM is modified, there isn't much of a complaint that I can make.

I don't have a problem with confrontation, but Im not going to waste time knowing that I've already lost that option.

I've ordered the parts I need, and I've found that when I drive the car without giving it too much gas the light doesn't come on.
    I've been doing that for a week now.

Still. When the parts come in Ill put them on, and then send the car in.

0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals

Country
    Canada
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by XR650R View Post
    Hi! I told you to come here for advice, and you did. Good.

The other site is good if you want to buy stuff, but this is where people will actually help you out.

The stock FiST has a "ticky" sound, with the hood open. It's normal. As dmb already said, it doesn't have lifters. That's just due to the direct injection. Nothing to worry about.

Yeah, good advice to come here. But I beat you to it by a week or so

For the ticking sound:
    What about from inside the cabin? I can hear it intermittently while its idling, and it matches the rpm as well.
    It doesn't get louder when I step on the gas.

It isn't loud, but if the radio is off, and windows closed you can hear it.
    The closest sound to it would be like a fishing rod being reeled in, but quieter (unless you put your head near the valve train) and not very resonant or hollow sounding.

It would be great if that is just the injectors.
    Could be, never owned a car with DI before.

Also, even if the car doesn't have lifters, it does have valves, which is what I mean.
    Last edited by mk_not_a_robot; 12-13-2018 at 01:02 PM.

0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals

Country
    Canada
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Okay, I think you might be right XR650R,

this is a link to a video and the guys car sounds VERY similar to mine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UY8lmFZihas

Mine on cold start is very noticeable. Once the engine is warm, and I've driven down the highway for a bit, its quiet but still there.

So that's promising.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345