Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Need help in finding a good local shop tho fix flat tire

So the picture should be self explanatory. Since it happened on somewhat shoulder of the tire, what are my chances?
If you all think it's okay to get it repaired, can you please suggest a good place in and around Fremont, CA?
The tire is 3.5k miles old Screenshot_20181204-114158.jpeg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
So the picture should be self explanatory. Since it happened on somewhat shoulder of the tire, what are my chances?
If you all think it's okay to get it repaired, can you please suggest a good place in and around Fremont, CA?
The tire is 3.5k miles old View attachment 19076

That close to the sidewall and the tire having to flex right there might pose an issue later on.....FYI ....Did they plug it or or patch it from the inside?[unbelieveable]

OP
weirdo911
Thread Starter #7
They just plugged it. I am also concerned about tire getting flexed on those spirited drives. I decided to take chance because the screw was a very small one. Has anyone here had similar experience?
That close to the sidewall and the tire having to flex right there might pose an issue later on.....FYI ....Did they plug it or or patch it from the inside?[unbelieveable]

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
They just plugged it. I am also concerned about tire getting flexed on those spirited drives. I decided to take chance because the screw was a very small one. Has anyone here had similar experience?

Keep an eye on it....I wonder if they used a plug patch or just a plug? I have encountered this many times but have used patch's with a plug built in that you pull through from the inside...so it acts like a Double whammy as a plug and a patch together. If they just plugged it Id be worried myself.. but to each their own I guess.[strongman]

OP
weirdo911
Thread Starter #9
I didn't know there are two kinds of plugs. My bad. From your comment, I understand it's just a plug with no patch. I'm scared now.
Keep an eye on it....I wonder if they used a plug patch or just a plug? I have encountered this many times but have used patch's with a plug built in that you pull through from the inside...so it acts like a Double whammy as a plug and a patch together. If they just plugged it Id be worried myself.. but to each their own I guess.[strongman]

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I didn't know there are two kinds of plugs. My bad. From your comment, I understand it's just a plug with no patch. I'm scared now.

Just keep an eye on it that's all....its done now nothing you can do..... you will know if your tire is losing air due to the TPMS system.[raceflag]

I check my tires almost every time I drive by the way.....Just compulsive I guess...:)

OP
weirdo911
Thread Starter #11
Sure. Thanks for the info. I'll definitely keep an eye on it.
Just keep an eye on it that's all....its done now nothing you can do..... you will know if your tire is losing air due to the TPMS system.[raceflag]

OP
weirdo911
Thread Starter #12
On a side note, how do I disable email notifications? I think push notifications on the app are just fine.

Ford Community Posts