Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Code P06A6 and heavy stuttering.

My car has been throwing a check engine light or a wrench this weekend and giving me code P06A6, and sometimes a P061A or P061B when I stall out.

At first, this wasn't accompanied with anything, but when I pulled into a parking spot with a slight uphill and clutched in this morning it stalled. The car started stuttering when in low gear, then when I tried to go out on track it would not rev above 4K RPM in any gear, and it would not hold consistent throttle.

From what I could find researching the P06A6 code, it's a general ECM/drivetrain/voltage code and should come with a second, related code to narrow down what's the problem. But I don't have a second code.

If anyone has experience with this, I'd appreciate your input.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
My car has been throwing a check engine light or a wrench this weekend and giving me code P06A6, and sometimes a P061A or P061B when I stall out.

At first, this wasn't accompanied with anything, but when I pulled into a parking spot with a slight uphill and clutched in this morning it stalled. The car started stuttering when in low gear, then when I tried to go out on track it would not rev above 4K RPM in any gear, and it would not hold consistent throttle.

From what I could find researching the P06A6 code, it's a general ECM/drivetrain/voltage code and should come with a second, related code to narrow down what's the problem. But I don't have a second code.

If anyone has experience with this, I'd appreciate your input.
Check for corrosion at the pcm connector....it may have gotten water in the connector and corroded the connector that goes into the PCM.....food for thought.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
Questionable
Thread Starter #3
Check for corrosion at the pcm connector....it may have gotten water in the connector and corroded the connector that goes into the PCM.....food for thought.

Huh. Yesterday it was raining all day (which made the track much more fun), so it wouldn't be outside the realm of possibility that that I got water in there.

Now I just need to figure out what plug I need to check.

OP
Questionable
Thread Starter #5
Okay! I just got my car back from the dealer, and the issue has been resolved.

Here's what was the problem: the passenger side brake duct (from the fog light housing to the dust shield) was crushing the A/C pressure sensor. That caused the code and, apparently, the stuttering.

The dealer tech adjusted the duct and added "anti-rattle" tape to the sensor.

I did see an A/C pressure code once in the cycle of read codes/reset ECU/read codes/flash the ECU to stock/read codes, but it never came back and I didn't think much of it.

I've put about 20 miles on the car since getting it back, and the code hasn't reappeared so I think I'm good. I'll probably look under the car tomorrow since I've parked it on the end of the row at my garage and people like to cut corners so I'm not going to lay on the ground right there.

OP
Questionable
Thread Starter #7
I'd be interested in hearing more about this setup. Any pics?
I've got old ones, but it's evolved a little bit. I'll get some tomorrow, but I'll also warn you I don't have access to a lift or jack/jack stands right now so they'll be shots from the ground.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Anti-rattle tape....I'll bet its 1000 mph tape! But I'm glad it is fixed and what to look for if the symptom happens to anyone else!

Last edited:
OP
Questionable
Thread Starter #9
I got some pictures. I did my best for a semi-busy parking lot, but I used a camera instead of my phone.

This is 2.5" ducting.

Passenger side:

Intake from fog light housing.

This kinda gives you the idea about routing. The black tape was from when the ducting was re-done in September. The silver tape is the anti-rattle tape since that is new.

Driver side:

Intake from fog light housing.

Routing on the driver's side.

Here's the imgur album link in case the embedding doesn't work.

Last edited:
Would like to add to this thread in case there are others that are having trouble with P06A6 code. Code popped up for me about a week ago, and after playing iSpy under the car for a while, I discovered that the wiring to my IAT sensor on the cold side intercooler piping was compromised. Exposed wire was showing at the base of the connector to the sensor. A little patching and the car runs like a top again!

So the dealer fixed your customized brake duct work? No - 'warranty denied!!!" (even if you're paying?)
Some of the dealerships are pretty chill and happy owners are enjoying these cars. The mechanics at the one I use are ST/RS owners and even properly tuned my car for the mods it has since the previous owner had a tune on it that didn't allow the car to pass state emissions testing.

rallytaff

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I have a great relationship with my dealer. They work on my car if I ever need their expertise and nothing is mentioned. Two of the mechanics have told me they want to buy my car if I ever decide to sell it because they know it's been well taken care of.

OP
Questionable
Thread Starter #14
So the dealer fixed your customized brake duct work? No - 'warranty denied!!!" (even if you're paying?)
This was 4+ years ago, but it was a chill dealer. I was out of powertrain warranty by then so I paid out of pocket with no complaint.