Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Replaced my Jeep and Civic with a 2016 FiST

tzimmer

Hey all, hope you are doing well. I have been using the forums a bit after buying this car sometime early November and I figured it was about time that I officially joined. I'll tell a little bit about my story and why I chose to buy a Fiesta ST. Before this vehicle I owned two cars: a 1999 Jeep Wrangler TJ (Lifted 2.75in, 33in tires, light bar, other off road goodies) with the 4.0 inline 6, 5speed and a 1998 Civic EX Coupe, SOHC, 5speed. I loved both cars, but with how much commuting I do for school and work (40-60 miles a day), I found myself primarily driving my civic. Jeep was not exactly fun to daily and frankly, I would rather take a more scenic route and enjoy some back roads in a light, little car, over off roading where I would inevitably break something and need to fix it. In an act that felt quite wrong at the time, I sold my Jeep and began looking at Subaru WRXs. Yes, WRXs. I wanted a quick, manual car that was fine to daily and good in the winter. However, finding a clean WRX in Michigan that checked all my boxes (Wagon, Blue, Low miles, Stock) proved to be quite difficult. Earlier this year I took a trip with my family to the UK, where we basically road tripped all over Wales, Scotland, and England and during this time, I noticed all the little Fiesta STs and began to grow very fond of them. I made the realization that FWD with winter tires and a decent driver can be just as good as AWD in the snow, and began looking into Fiesta STs. To make a long story short, I found this Fiesta that had all the options I wanted. Molten Orange with the Orange Recaros. This car has been great so far, although I do experience some lower back pain over time (most likely due to my poor posture, I am very skinny so fitting in the seats is no problem). It handles like a dream, and is plenty quick. So far, all I have done is an FSWerks Short Shifter and little aesthetic mods. I plan to do a good wheel and tire setup, intake, exhaust, and maybe a tune. Sorry if this is a bit long, just wanted to share my story! Cheers

Attachments

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Welcome to Thunderdome buddy! Enjoy your FiST! [wrenchin] Good luck resisting the mod bug also...I was in your shoes at one point...Na....im not gonna mod it! Well This RMM cant hurt......Then boom! I'm BT all the supporting mods and rolling close to 300whp according to my V-DYNO....Which I sordove trust! Good luck! [ridinghorse]

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Welcome and ya like Typhoon has said you will probably get the mod bug we all do. Mine is a new this year car with only 2k on it and I am buying all shorts of stuff for it. Lol
Picking and choosing of course, but ya its hard to resist and its not overly expensive to mod which probably contributes. Though it will always leave a smile on your face after driving.

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Congratulations!

I owned my a JK on 33's alongside my Fiesta for awhile. The jeep just sat and sat, the fiesta is too much fun to drive (especially if you have some nice back roads on your commute). I ended up getting rid of the Jeep, which worked out well given how well they keep their value (I only lost ~25% over 4 years). But anyway, I think you made a wise choice. The fiesta does amazing in the snow with proper tires and actually has a more usable hatch than a two door wrangler.

Welcome! You will love the FIST. I got one, traded a 2016 WRX for mine- I needed a daily commuter for my 70 mile round trip and wanted to cash in on the WRX equity. I love the FIST- better than the WRX too- it's more fun to drive- and it's so darn practical. I also have a Mustang GT and just recently a 97 TJ Wrangler- I love the TJ's.

I added a MBRP CAT back to my FIST and it took the car from good to great- I just love the sound and hearing the little 1.6L purr. And I enjoy it's average of 40 MPG (My commute is mostly back roads going 50-60 MPH).