Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Ebay Aluminum Radiator

It's got the same warranty one of those do....1yr.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
I didn't really mean as far as warranty, I meant more of fit and finish wise, I know members that have the Mishi and Mountune and haven't had issues, versus a chinese clone. I don't mind spending a little more on something there is experience on, versus something coming from china that probably has no actual support behind it. Just my 2 cents

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I didn't really mean as far as warranty, I meant more of fit and finish wise, I know members that have the Mishi and Mountune and haven't had issues, versus a chinese clone. I don't mind spending a little more on something there is experience on, versus something coming from china that probably has no actual support behind it. Just my 2 cents
Remember Ebay has a return policy also....if your not satisfied send it back.

Last edited:

XanRules

For that price I think I'd rather go with a Mountune/Mishi/Whoosh one that's a little more guaranteed to work
The eBay intercooler is identical to the Mishi - dimensions, core, design, materials, etc. Identical in every way. In a similar vein, it is not inconceivable that this is the same as their radiator as more often than not Mishi just rebadges "eBay" stuff and marks it up. I know nothing about this radiator specifically, I just wanted to say that in your list ~one of these things is not like the others~

The eBay intercooler is identical to the Mishi - dimensions, core, design, materials, etc. Identical in every way. In a similar vein, it is not inconceivable that this is the same as their radiator as more often than not Mishi just rebadges "eBay" stuff and marks it up. I know nothing about this radiator specifically, I just wanted to say that in your list ~one of these things is not like the others~
Comparing the Mishi to the eBay one yields some differences: https://www.mishimoto.com/ford-fiesta-st-performance-aluminum-radiator-2014.html
Naming the fan shroud the Mishi comes with, versus the eBay looks like it reuses the stock.

Another thing to keep in mind with the eBay one, it's only a 2 row compared to both the Mishi and Mountune being a 3 row. Not sure on the Pro allow that Whoosh sells, doesn't say.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Comparing the Mishi to the eBay one yields some differences: https://www.mishimoto.com/ford-fiesta-st-performance-aluminum-radiator-2014.html
Naming the fan shroud the Mishi comes with, versus the eBay looks like it reuses the stock.

Another thing to keep in mind with the eBay one, it's only a 2 row compared to both the Mishi and Mountune being a 3 row. Not sure on the Pro allow that Whoosh sells, doesn't say.
That is true....but it's a decent alternative to the OEM one if someone doesn't wanna spend $500+ on a radiator....I'd steer clear of mishimoto....a couple other members have had very unpleasant experiences with them....FYI.

Last edited:

XanRules

True enough, that's obviously a different radiator than the eBay. I just wanted to point out that the quality gap between eBay and Mishi may not be too wide. :)

That is true....but it's a decent alternative to the OEM one if someone doesn't wanna spend $500+ on a radiator....I'd steer clear of mishimoto....a couple other members have had very unpleasant experiences with them....FYI.

True, though if you can keep an eye out for coupons, I scored my Mountune for less than 450

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I don't see a bleeder valve on this mishi clone, this might make bleeding the air out quite annoying.

OP
lowda9
Thread Starter #15
I don't see a bleeder valve on this mishi clone, this might make bleeding the air out quite annoying.
Ya I asked the seller and they said there's no bleeder but there's a drain fitting. It's still possible to bleed though it would just take some time.

Someone should be the guinea pig =]

don't these cars have self bleeding expansion tanks? If so a bleed screw isn't really needed.

don't these cars have self bleeding expansion tanks? If so a bleed screw isn't really needed.
According to the service manual it's quite important for bleeding the system. I know I used it when I installed my aftermarket radiator. To me it just seems like too many downsides to save what, a hundred or so bucks?

danbfree

3000 Post Club
According to the service manual it's quite important for bleeding the system. I know I used it when I installed my aftermarket radiator. To me it just seems like too many downsides to save what, a hundred or so bucks?
Well, this one is $285 and is quite apparent that is very decent quality with TIG welded tanks. It's just not a 3 row but still better than stock for sure... Plus, aren't all the other "name brand" upgrades at least $500? So that would be over $200 savings and could be a good option if you aren't full-on racing but simply live in hotter areas and could use a decent step up level of cooling.

Well, this one is $285 and is quite apparent that is very decent quality with TIG welded tanks. It's just not a 3 row but still better than stock for sure... Plus, aren't all the other "name brand" upgrades at least $500? So that would be over $200 savings and could be a good option if you aren't full-on racing but simply live in hotter areas and could use a decent step up level of cooling.
If it were indeed that cheap, then maybe, but with the conversion rate for me at least in the States, it's 380