Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Shopping for a ST....

ourlee

Hello,
I found some ‘18s for $17k. Should I consider a pre-owned 16 or 17? How many miles are too many?
Thanks. Rick

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
An '18 for 17 sounds good.

You can save a few thou buying used, but is it a better deal? That all depends. Mileage? It depends.

I bought mine new, because I wanted to break it in my way, and I know everything about its maintenance. I intend to keep it for a long time.

You might find a car that's been well taken care of, or a car that's been flogged mercilessly and not well maintained, and will have problems sooner.

A SoCal car with 50,000 mostly highway miles is probably in better shape than one from Michigan with 30,000 that's dealt with some salty winter roads.

Used cars are like a box of chocolates.

police are like a box of chocolates.jpg

I don't know why anybody would buy used to save $1-3k on any car ever. that's just doesn't make sense to me.

Now if you could get a used car with like 30k on it for $12k then that's something I would consider.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
I don't know why anybody would buy used to save $1-3k on any car ever. that's just doesn't make sense to me.

Now if you could get a used car with like 30k on it for $12k then that's something I would consider.
I fully agree it makes absolutely no sense to save that small amount of money.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

danbfree

3000 Post Club
$17k is a fantastic deal, obviously has rebates and dealer discount, FYI, all '17+ are exactly the same except '18-'19 has a rear camera, otherwise all the mechanical improvement and suspension tweaks they did were all implemented by the end of '16... so really literally the only thing you are missing out from buying an '18-'19 us the rear camera, and a set of $9 bright white LED's for the reverse lights helps a lot to warn people to watch out :). And no, at this price it's just not worth buying used unless it's a '17+ with VERY low miles and you prob won't even find that anyway.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
An 18 for 17 is good. If its got more options than base its great. To put it in perspective I got my 18 with tri color paint(595) option. Smoke storm Recaros(1995) and Ebony wheels (375) for $19,678 before tax and lic.

Thats a pretty good deal already take those options off and it would be a base for roughly just under 17k

So ya if you like the options on that 18 for 17 get it!

Plus if you by new you can go to the ST octane academy in UT within one year of ownership

Hello,
I found some ‘18s for $17k. Should I consider a pre-owned 16 or 17? How many miles are too many?
Thanks. Rick
Recaro?
Moonroof?
Navi?
Painted wheels?
Base model?

The more of the options it has the more of a screaming deal it is.

Do they still have the ST Academy for someone that bought a new 18 in 19?

Last edited: