Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

HVAC vent concerns after blend door warranty repair

Finally got my 2018 into the shop for the blend door warranty repair. After the work I noticed that if the HVAC controls are set to only floor vents, the air also blows out of the center defrost and both side defrost vents. I can't say that I ever checked this before, so I'm not sure how it was prior to the work. Ford service guy says its normal, but I have my doubts. Kind of sucks with the heat blowing on my feet and also in my face.

Can someone please check their car out for me to see if it matches what I'm getting?

Thanks!

I was just asking... As I noticed that on mine I sometimes get air coming from vents that are ment to be turned off.. seems to only do it when switching a certain way though.. mine is a 2014 st3.
Quite funny, good sir.
Sent from my Mi MIX 2S using Tapatalk

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
I was just asking... As I noticed that on mine I sometimes get air coming from vents that are ment to be turned off.. seems to only do it when switching a certain way though.. mine is a 2014 st3.

Sent from my Mi MIX 2S using Tapatalk
All in good fun... You asked for a "make and model" tho. Just sayin'. :)

A small amount is normal, I think all my cars did it. The problem is stating what small is over the internet. Maybe just enough to notice is the best way to say it. I do not see how you could install the part wrong. A software update a while back messed some cars up and a new part doesn't mean a good part. Best of luck. Fun cars, really bad HVAC.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
A small amount is normal, I think all my cars did it. The problem is stating what small is over the internet. Maybe just enough to notice is the best way to say it. I do not see how you could install the part wrong. A software update a while back messed some cars up and a new part doesn't mean a good part. Best of luck. Fun cars, really bad HVAC.
Yeah, if this blend door shit, and the passenger side sill extension peeling back are the only problems I have with this car, I can more than 'live with' that! [wink] [thumb]

Yeah, if this blend door shit, and the passenger side sill extension peeling back are the only problems I have with this car, I can more than 'live with' that! [wink] [thumb]
I also have to fight a water issue if my car is parked nose up in the rain... you know, like my driveway! The hatch gets a little wet sometimes.
The axle seals are a little leaky and my drivers CV had to be replaced.

I do my own work. This car is very easy to work on and as reliable as one would hope. My moms Hyundai just got the fire risk rod knock letter in the mail... At least we don't have that to deal with that issue on the FiST. Oh shit, I have a 17STi so maybe rod knock is one of my worries!!! ;)