Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

H Street: father son adventure

I was talking to the guy that won HS this year at nationals, he said he kept stock sway front/rear. His issue with a stiffer rear was the perpensity to increase the likely hood of lifting inside rear tire. Maybe thats just a lincoln setup with high bite and fast sweepers.
Well, that makes me feel better about leaving my sway bars stock for the time being! I'm sure there's tradeoffs depending on course and driver, but stock can't be that bad.

Seems that the car is fine for AX with stock suspension even, and I’m always learning what works for others. It lifts the rear inside either way on the sweepers, not sure how that logic works, but of course a National Champ has much better handle on setup than I do, and I’m a long way from there. I wanted to get rid of the rear swaybar, but it seems to make a significant difference, so I’m not sure what to think. 🤷‍♂️
I haven't tested it yet, so I have no direct input. I am just relaying what he said, it could all be course dependent. And yes, it will lift that inside rear tire either way, I think his point was how MUCH it lifts (few inchs vs a lot of inchs). I only bring it up as its worth doing testing, and not trusting the general logic. If RSB is faster for you at the facility you typically run at, great!

OP
m3kerry
Thread Starter #83
Autocrossing with Joshua in the morning in Memphis at the Liberty Bowl. This is his 1st time out since the wreck that broke his leg badly and killed one of his friends.

He talked about it on the drive over a little. About being in pain. He can walk and get around but limps pretty bad. It will be interesting to walk the course. He is doing so much better.

The 1M has sold and going to use some of the money to prep the FiST. I am blessed with some friends that raced with us in B Street but moved to H Street in a Fist.

Part of the build is to wrap the car. I need ideas. Post up some ideas for wraps. I am thinking yellow and black.

OP
m3kerry
Thread Starter #90
Joshua won PAX overall and almost RAW timed the field. One of the Porches beat him by a couple of tenths.

I walk up to timing and scoring at the break and 3 grown men are there talking. none of them know me. I have not raced in Memphis in 10 years. One of them tells the others, "the car is probably not even H street legal". I say its mine. It only has tires on it.

Really good day. The kid was on a life flight 9/15 with friends dead in the road. He was pretty proud. We needed this small win in life. He has walked around looking right through you since that wreck. This was the 1st real engagement I have gotten out of him.

Its the little ##### in life.

Attachments

Getting caught up.

Wow, I am so sorry for your son and his friends family. Having experienced some trauma in life, it takes time to heal. I assume you have looked for a counselor to help him work through his emotions instead of bottling them up only to manifest themselves at a later date.

at the start of the video before the run, what was that driving by?

Run looked good, better this his nationals runs.

How much does a wrap weigh? 20-30lbs

You going to go Koni Yellows? What wheels did you end up with?

I just bought a 14 ST yesterday, so starting map out plan. Unfortunately here in the PNW I wont have a chance to get any runs in until March. =\

OP
m3kerry
Thread Starter #93
The car that drove by was a mod class car.

Wrap lbs I have never thought about. We needed it for the paint on the 1M. On this car you are right that the lbs needs to be considered.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The car that drove by was a mod class car.
Wrap lbs I have never thought about. We needed it for the paint on the 1M. On this car you are right that the lbs needs to be considered.
I never thought about weight in my 450hp C4 vette. Often I would have people ride with me to help balance the car better, and ran with a full tank often times. Now that power is way down, I picked up the RPF1 wheels to save 4lbs per corner.

Do you know rules on doing the sound symposer delete? Im assuming its just a block off thing, but is it against the rules? Headlights (thinking of going to Euro spec). Anything non-performance (LED bulbs, exhaust hangers, etc), is that all legal?

ANd reading the rules yesterday, it looks like you can do 2 way adjustable shocks. I always thought Street was 1 way only. Was going to just go Koni Yellow, cheap and know.

OP
m3kerry
Thread Starter #95
On the shocks you can do double but the spring perch needs to be stock

On the shocks you can do double but the spring perch needs to be stock

Gotcha. So doing something like a JRZ inserted inside of a stock shock tube is possible. Saw a write up of a guy that made custom Koni Yellows inside of stock shocks because Koni hadn't come out with a version yet.

The question, is it worth it, and with my skill level, and tuning knowledge, likely not.

OP
m3kerry
Thread Starter #97
Imo no. Singles are fine. For da shocks you need to tune 2 things. If you have friends that know what they are doing great. If joy I would just go single for the ease of it.

Imo no. Singles are fine. For da shocks you need to tune 2 things. If you have friends that know what they are doing great. If joy I would just go single for the ease of it.
Well being in the PNW I have Ryan Otis, James Paulson, Dennis Healy, Dan Bullis, and others, who are all very helpful with setup help, so I COULD take advantage of it, while learning in the process.

Only reason I can think it could help, is to dial up the compression and hold the car down for the quick transitions sections.

But yeah, just dreaming, 99.9% will just do Koni yellows. ;-)

OP
m3kerry
Thread Starter #99
If you have help I would consider it. I’m going single as we have lost mineral wells to test and jeremy and I are driving different cars in 2020, so simple is going to win out.

OP
m3kerry
Thread Starter #100
I can not say this anywhere else but the 1m was unwrapped and sold. A large part of me goes with that. Car.

The winningest B street car of all time. 2x national championships. Picked it Germany with my elderly mom in tow.

This is the second fully sorted car I have sold. I question this but need the money.