Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

question about pinout of heated seat switch

I am trying to use the heated seat switches for something other than heated seats. AKA, I want to use them as regular 12 volt toggle switches. But I'm not sure how the wiring works behind them. Does anyone have a diagram or any thing of the pin out.?

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
I am trying to use the heated seat switches for something other than heated seats. AKA, I want to use them as regular 12 volt toggle switches. But I'm not sure how the wiring works behind them. Does anyone have a diagram or any thing of the pin out.?
Sounds like you want to hook one up as a anti-theft device. Sorry, I dont have the wiring diagram.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

OP
C
Thread Starter #4
son of.....That is extremely disappointing then. I thought they'd be like a toggle switch since ya know. You push them. That's gonna be pain in the ass now. So if they were wired to the actual heated switches, I'm guessing that momentary press just sends signal to some computer or something that tells the heated seat to turn on?

OP
C
Thread Starter #5
but say I did want to use it even as a momentary toggle, what two pins on each switch would I be looking at?

OP
C
Thread Starter #6
I have regular seats. The only heated seat thing about this is the switch. And I'm fine running my own wiring. Krug perhaps you could private message me. You're being very helpful with all this actually.