Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Stratified guardian angel install

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
Hey guys just wanted to share a recent YouTube video I made with some of my friends. Basically a quick run down on how to install a stratified guardian angel v3 and it's benefits.

https://youtu.be/njeMo8sHHf0

I've been kind of silent as to my build and the twists and turns it's taken. I will update my build thread soon if not tonight with the whole story. But until then let me know what you guys think of the install!

(Disclaimer: This is in no way sponsored by stratified)

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

cxwrench

Cool...but what does the Guardian Angel do? It would be good to explain that in the beginning. And...what will happen when you need to get your car smogged?

OP
Perfblue15

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #4
Cool...but what does the Guardian Angel do? It would be good to explain that in the beginning. And...what will happen when you need to get your car smogged?
It's a 4 bar map sensor and a over boost safety. We say it at the end.

I still.have like 3 years before I have to worry about smog. I think I can sneak it through visual with a stock air box, and all my monitors show as ready. Cali smog for a 01+ is a obd 2 check and a visual inspection. So I should be fine.

Last edited:

cxwrench

It's a 4 bar map sensor and a over boost safety. We say it at the end.

I still.have like 3 years before I have to worry about smog. I think I can sneak it through visual with a stock air box, and all my monitors show as ready. Cali smog for a 15+ is a obd 2 check and a visual inspection. So I should be fine.

Damn...'15+? I've got a '14...but I haven't really done anything to it. Have fun w/ yours!

koozy

3000 Post Club
For visual they will need the engine cover off, some places charge if they have to do it. Will be interesting what they make of the stratified label on the fuel rail. My guess is, unless you have connections it will not pass the visual. Just throw some of that tape over it [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Perfblue15

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #9
For visual they will need the engine cover off, some places charge if they have to do it. Will be interesting what they make of the stratified label on the fuel rail. My guess is, unless you have connections it will not pass the visual. Just throw some of that tape over it [emoji106]

I think I'm gonna pull the rail, sand it and paint it black lol

alexrex20

1000 Post Club

God bless California. They charge to remove the engine cover lmfao

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
but to get back on topic, I had no idea this "build" even existed. Time to creep on your profile to find your build thread. The YT vid sold me at "built engine" lol

TDavis

1000 Post Club
This is good info as I plan to get the aux fuel in the future and may want this for good measure. Also, whats that knocking noise at 14:50?

A little off topic but where did you get that spoiler?

OP
Perfblue15

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #19
This is good info as I plan to get the aux fuel in the future and may want this for good measure. Also, whats that knocking noise at 14:50?

A little off topic but where did you get that spoiler?
The noise is/was my spec clutch. The wing is a maxxton uk fiesta rs wing.
[idea] Since when is a Guardian Angel the only option for an upgraded map sensor in a FiST? [rofl]
I was told it's pretty much the only option for the manifold.

I'm glad you find it amusing.

The noise is/was my spec clutch. The wing is a maxxton uk fiesta rs wing.I was told it's pretty much the only option for the manifold.

I'm glad you find it amusing.

No need to upgrade the one on the manifold. Upgrade the TMAP on the cold side charge pipe. Ran around 34psi for quite some time with only the one upgraded.