Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Misfiring Issues

Hi everyone, I was hoping I could get some help with an issue I'm having with my 2014 FiST. I have already taken the car to a Ford dealership near me and they couldn't figure anything out and basically just blamed my modifications. The mods include catless downpipe, Cobb intercooler, cat-back exhaust, and an Accessport running a stage 3 Cobb tune.

It's misfiring to the point of stalling out, but only at certain times. Mainly on the highway is when I have trouble. I'll get up to speed and start to cruise in 6th gear, which will be fine for a few minutes and then all of a sudden it will misfire continuously until it basically dies out and I have to pull over. I can then wait a few minutes and start it again but it idles rough and won't hold idle RPM. I've also noticed it doesn't seem to be getting full boost. Not sure if that's because of the misfire or the low boost is causing the misfire. I have datalogs from my AP linked below. I really don't know what the issue is and before I just start replacing a whole bunch of stuff I'd like to get some advice about where to start. Already replaced all the sparkplugs with OEM Motorcraft gapped to .28. Thanks for the help in advance!

https://datazap.me/u/ghuba97/14-fist?log=0&data=5-10
https://datazap.me/u/ghuba97/log-1544992008?log=0&data=5-10

Shit... I have the 2014 fiesta ST and I have done about 72 thousand kilometers and have not had a single miss fire (yet anyway) but I have no mods except an oil catch can...

Hope you sort it out asap man !

Sent from my Mi MIX 2S using Tapatalk

OP
G
Thread Starter #4
Only one code. It could be related but I'm not sure U1007. Dealership said it was a battery sensor communication problem or something similar.

koozy

3000 Post Club
Are your battery terminals and cables corroded? The negative BMS cable circuitry or the inline 3amp fuse on the positive side could have been compromised.

OP
G
Thread Starter #6
That is something that I thought could be the issue. Just recently cleaned both ends of the negative battery terminal. They look good and secure.