Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Does anyone have an idea what this could be?

OP
D
Thread Starter #3
Mileage is about 60k. I have posted a larger thread about this months ago. I haven't had time to work on the car. But now that I have some time for it again I am going to try and tackle it. Also on my last thread everyone just stopped replying, leaving me clueless still lol.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Sounds like there is a bolt underneath the valve cover that is bouncing around. Did you take it off and inspect? [popcorn]

OP
D
Thread Starter #5
I have taken it off and searched. But haven't found anything. Does it sound anything like a knock to you? It idles perfectly as well. I have done a compression test and all numbers came back good.

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
Doesn't sound like rod knock at all. The engine seems to be stumbling as well.

First thing I would do is pull the spark plugs and check them. Check the insulator on the coils.

It would also be helpful if you fully describe all the symptoms you're experiencing. Does it only happen at idle? Does it change with rpm? Does it happen under load?

It could be REALLY bad spark plugs or a destroyed coil insulator and it's shorting to the head. Sounds pretty similar to your video.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I would check / replace the cam follower for wear.
Check the spark plugs
Check bolts on all motor mounts and/or maybe take a pry bar and hold it to limit motor movement on various mounts to see if the noise changes.

If doesn't sound consistent enough to be something valvetrain, but you never know.

yes. on VW they are known to fall apart and get sucked in destroying cams and worse. not a known problem on Fiesta STs

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Yes that is the cam bucket....those get worn down over time and can cause running issues and acceleration issues ....they are cheap $15-20....Ron @ whoosh sells them and so does the local Ford dealership. Can you feel the center dip down? Is it concave down into the center? Since you have it out I'd get a new one......but that's just me!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk