Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Vredestein Quatrac 5. Snow tire alternative.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
So I have a 2010 Ford Focus I use as my daily driver, right now the vehicle has 17in wheels on it and the tires that I have with those wheels are just not going to work with the snow. I have a set of 15 inch wheels that came with the car. I thought about putting snow tires on them but I decided have no desire to replace the tires on the 17 inch wheels when they are worn out the wheels are giving me some issues out of round. So I realized the tires I put on these 15 inch wheels need to be something I can run on the car all year long. I then learned about all weather tires, not all season tires that can deal with the warm but also deal with the snow very well. I ended up going with Vredestein Quatrac 5 they are made in Holland the reviews I've read have been fantastic. I can also use these wheels and tires on the Fiesta ST if necessary.

https://www.vulcantire.com/tire_det...k6lU_1RyU8hB0bYPnlr7egrqBpKY2_zYaAuH3EALw_wcB

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I looked into those for my steelies. The have very good reviews on Tire Rack and the only reason I went with Blizzak is that I got the rebate. Once the Blizzaks are shot, I might go with the Vredesteins on the OEM wheels and get lightweight wheels for the summer.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Vredestein's answer to the Nokian WRG3/4. [thumb]

I had a set of their full winter tires on my old '90 T-bird SC, on the factory wheels, and was impressed with how they worked on that RWD sled. [:)]

I actually have a set on my Fiesta ST in a 205/50/15 size. In the snow they are fantastic. Excellent stopping distance and steering in the snow. I have only gotten to test them in about 5 inches of snow/slush but so far for that they are excellent in my opinion. They seem to struggle very much with wet traction. Even in light rain or just slick road surfaces, traction is bad compared to what I would expect from all season tires. Acceleration in 1st and 2nd gear is compromised in the wet (a bit more than expected) and braking is surprisingly bad. I don't have measurements of a wet 60-0 test but it feels awful compared to the factory tires. Dry traction is surprisingly good in my opinion. The tires seem to put all the (stock)power to the ground without wheel spin as long as the road is dry and its above 40 degrees outside. Cornering grip is enough to have fun but of course is not as good as a performance tire. Also the ride quality is much better with these tires as far as comfort and noise levels (partly due to a 15 inch wheel). This seems like a good compromise if you live somewhere with a fair amount of snow. I live on Long Island New York which normally gets a handful of snowstorms of up to a foot or so. Since this is not my primary vehicle in the summer I was hoping this would be a safe bet in winter weather without being totally compromising in the warm weather when I want to enjoy a faster car. Overall I would probably try a different tire next time around as the wet stopping distance is not impressive and almost concerning.

OP
Ford ST

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #5
I actually have a set on my Fiesta ST in a 205/50/15 size. In the snow they are fantastic. Excellent stopping distance and steering in the snow. I have only gotten to test them in about 5 inches of snow/slush but so far for that they are excellent in my opinion. They seem to struggle very much with wet traction. Even in light rain or just slick road surfaces, traction is bad compared to what I would expect from all season tires. Acceleration in 1st and 2nd gear is compromised in the wet (a bit more than expected) and braking is surprisingly bad. I don't have measurements of a wet 60-0 test but it feels awful compared to the factory tires. Dry traction is surprisingly good in my opinion. The tires seem to put all the (stock)power to the ground without wheel spin as long as the road is dry and its above 40 degrees outside. Cornering grip is enough to have fun but of course is not as good as a performance tire. Also the ride quality is much better with these tires as far as comfort and noise levels (partly due to a 15 inch wheel). This seems like a good compromise if you live somewhere with a fair amount of snow. I live on Long Island New York which normally gets a handful of snowstorms of up to a foot or so. Since this is not my primary vehicle in the summer I was hoping this would be a safe bet in winter weather without being totally compromising in the warm weather when I want to enjoy a faster car. Overall I would probably try a different tire next time around as the wet stopping distance is not impressive and almost concerning.
You could try the Toyo Celsius. It's a also a snow tire alternative.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk