Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Under Car Bracing

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I might be seeing him this weekend at the UR/NorCal Chassis Works 1 year anniversary! The guy who runs Ultra Racing USA is only like 3 guys. 1 main person and 2 helpers. From what he told me , 5 years ago he took over as main rep because the previous USA pointman was tanking the USA market.... Since then he has spread his wings alot more.

Im gonna give TB Performance a go for my FiST since my RS has all UR bracing now. I loved daniel checks work and will continue to support him! Gotta keep spreading the love on my track toys!
Well I wait to hear because I would be willing to check out their bracing on my car. Have no interest for TB stuff because of choice of tubing. I am of the opinion if you are going to use steel make it DRM.

Last edited:

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Well I wait to here because I would be willing to check out their bracing on my car. Have no interest for TB stuff because of choice of tubing. I am of the opinion if you are going to use steel make it DRM.
I'm working on importing all of Ultra-Racing's braces for fitment testing on our 5-door FiST now. It's going to take some time for them to arrive, but I will definitely post detailed install and performance info when I've had time to run them at a few tracks. I have TB Performance braces now. I can offer a comparison, although "feel" is subjective. I suspect Ultra-Racing's products will make a positive difference. We will see..

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I'm working on importing all of Ultra-Racing's braces for fitment testing on our 5-door FiST now. It's going to take some time for them to arrive, but I will definitely post detailed install and performance info when I've had time to run them at a few tracks. I have TB Performance braces now. I can offer a comparison, although "feel" is subjective. I suspect Ultra-Racing's products will make a positive difference. We will see..
Well see a month I could see, longer though? Like I said before I am considering making a 4 point not sure about a 6 point. Though waiting more than a couple of months.? I would want to check out the Ultra braces sooner. Ya call me impatient, partly because its for my own car first.

There is also no reason the under braces would not work on the 5 door. The whole underside of our unibody is the same. The real differences lie in the door lengths and side body panels. Fenders and hoods same length. Bumper covers only slightly different due to crashbar differences.

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Well see a month I could see. Months though? Like I said before I am considering doing a 4 point not sure about a 6 point but the thing months and I would have them done. I would want to check out the Ultra braces in weeks. Ya call me impatient, partly because its for my own car first.

There is also no reason the under braces would not work on the 5 door the whole underside of our unibody is the same the real differences lie in the door lengths and side body panels. Fenders and hoods same length. Bumper covers only slightly different due to crashbar differences.
Your autocorrect lost me

Sekred

1000 Post Club
Their Strut braces are rubbish in my option, see pics.

IMG_2821.JPG

IMG_2822.JPG

koozy

3000 Post Club
I see a mounting plate that bent at the weakest point. That doesn’t necessarily mean it’s a bad bar. I’d like to see the tower it was mounted to. For a bar to look like that the tower must look pretty bad too. There’s got to be a back story to that bar and how it ended up like that. The welds held which is good and the bar looks to have withstood whatever stress it came under. That couldn’t have been from a drive to 7 Eleven, but perhaps a side impact or rollover. I’ll even give UPS credit for that masterpiece.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I see a mounting plate that bent at the weakest point. That doesn’t necessarily mean it’s a bad bar. I’d like to see the tower it was mounted to. For a bar to look like that the tower must look pretty bad too. There’s got to be a back story to that bar and how it ended up like that. The welds held which is good and the bar looks to have withstood whatever stress it came under. That couldn’t have been from a drive to 7 Eleven, but perhaps a side impact or rollover. I’ll even give UPS credit for that masterpiece.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Actually Ultra Racing stuff has been knocked off by cheap chinese copies. They even put out a thing about it on their international website. My friend had an Ultra Racing trunk brace for his 240sx it was a pretty bad ass four point rear strut tower to floor of trunk brace.
That one in the pic honestly looks like someone was in a crash rewelded a piece of metal on it and tried to use it again lol.

I would even say it looks like it could even be one of the knock off copies.

Last edited:

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Well see a month I could see, longer though? Like I said before I am considering making a 4 point not sure about a 6 point. Though waiting more than a couple of months.? I would want to check out the Ultra braces sooner. Ya call me impatient, partly because its for my own car first.

There is also no reason the under braces would not work on the 5 door. The whole underside of our unibody is the same. The real differences lie in the door lengths and side body panels. Fenders and hoods same length. Bumper covers only slightly different due to crashbar differences.
I don’t have an exact date yet but I know they aren’t in stock in the US. If they ship by boat it’ll take a long time I’m sure. When I have an ETA I’ll update here.

I have one of their 2 point lower front traction bars. Good fit and seems well made. They have had a big problem with poorly made knockoffs here in Asia.

I might be seeing him this weekend at the UR/NorCal Chassis Works 1 year anniversary! The guy who runs Ultra Racing USA is only like 3 guys. 1 main person and 2 helpers. From what he told me , 5 years ago he took over as main rep because the previous USA pointman was tanking the USA market.... Since then he has spread his wings alot more.

Im gonna give TB Performance a go for my FiST since my RS has all UR bracing now. I loved daniel checks work and will continue to support him! Gotta keep spreading the love on my track toys!
I'm seriously interested in the left and right sub-frames. The image of them I found was not complete.