Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Hello from CT

Hello Everyone. Realized I neglected to introduce myself before I started my build thread and started asking questions about swapping my FiST for a Mustang (the FiST won...)

I'm from Eastern CT, which means I have 3 fun tracks close by; Thompson, Palmer, and Lime Rock. For me the FiST is a second car and my go fast toy. I had a WRX that I bought beginning of 2018, but found it was not as much fun on the track as I was hoping for. Moved from that to an Audi S5, but after eating a 1/4 set of tires in an afternoon autox/car control clinic it had to go; just too expensive for tires and brakes. Ended up getting the FiST after all the great reviews saw about it. Could not be happier with my choice. Did a 3000 mile trip to FL and back with a stop at VIR.

Since I bought another car for a DD, the FiST is being build for fun on the track. You can find my build link my signature. Lots of parts ordered at the moment, and hopefully the CT weather will stay mild so I can get some of them installed before spring (or I have to find a way to heat my garage).

So far this is one of the best forums I've ever been on and I look forward to becoming an active member.

Paul

welcome! You're lucky to have all of those tracks close by. I love Lime Rock and want to run palmer sometime as it looks like fun. Thompson is also a blast, my racecar does really well there, I'm wondering it it's a bit frustrating with FWD or not.

OP
P
Thread Starter #3
I actually like the FWD better than the AWD cars I've tracked. Don't have a lot of RWD experience, so maybe I don't know what I'm missing. Issue with RWD is the cars I'm interested in, I either don't fit (Miata and BRZ) or are more $$ than I want to spend to buy and maintain (Boxster). May look keep my eyes open for a used RWD BMW, but RWD and manual trans are like hens teeth around me. I have so much to learn as a driver that I think the FiST and FWD will carry me forward for many years.

with FWD you get one shot at good turn entry and then have to wait until you can put power down based on how well you did. with RWD you have more options to get the nose in / back to rotate and put down power sooner.

most AWD cars behave more like FWD from my experience. I had an evo 8 way back.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Official welcome and yes its greaf you live by 3 tracks. While we have a fair amount of tracks here they are all a bit of a drive amd at least two are straight up in the desert.