Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Weird bug

Background story: I have a leaky tire (new ones on the way) so I've been airing it up whenever I get in the car.

So, last evening when leaving work, I went out to my car as usual and plugged in my portable air compressor and began airing up my tire. While that got started, I started the vehicle to warm it up a bit.

I noticed a lot of condensation on my windshield and other windows, so I turned on rear defrost and MAX AC. A few seconds later, HVAC console went dark and a message popped up on my Sync screen "Immobilizer fault, Service now", yet my rear defrost was still engaged and would not respond to the button.

Car still running, no unexpected lights on the dash. So I shut off the car and opened the door to remove power from the HVAC / Sync. Rear defrost would not disengage. Car started right back up, no messages and no lights. HVAC console still not responding. About 3 minutes later, my tire was finished inflating. So I disconnected the compressor, reconnected my phone charger. HVAC console STILL not responding.

I figured, fuck it, I have to get home anyhow to fix it, so I connected my AP and MAGICALLY the HVAC console reset. I checked for codes with my AP, found none. Although I'm not sure if the AP can detect immobilizer fault codes?

Anyhow, the car was fine on the way home, and again this morning no issues.

I'm thinking I overloaded a thermoswitch or a breaker in having the compressor connected to the front 12V socket while also running the blower on MAX AC, but I can't confirm. It would make sense, though.

I'm not going to test that theory again. Now, I'll connect my compressor to the rear 12V socket :)

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
I have no idea but that is odd for sure. My fist likes to mess with me with the auto up window function. Some say you need a battery when it does it but my battery is new. I tell it to go up it goes half way then back down.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

OP
L
Thread Starter #3
Mine does that too on occasion, but only if I use the express up feature. And my battery is new, too!