Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Noob question: Sidemarker operation?

Hi all,

Just finished a headlight retrofit along with LED turn signal bulbs front and rear and LED sidemarker bulbs in the front (not the mirrors). All LED bulbs are lighting up correctly except the sidemarkers don't flash when a turn signal is on. They only turn on when the light switch is in the "parking light" mode.

So the first question is: on a stock fiesta st, do the sidemarkers only come on when the parking lights are on? Or should they blink with the turn signal?

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
For USDM FiST, those do not flash. The only ones that flash are the ones at the inner corner of the headlights by the grille. The sidemarker bulbs you replaced are not dual filament and couldn't flash in that way anyway.

OP
Darksabre
Thread Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. Heh, it's funny...the reason I asked in the first place is that on the drivers side headlight, the sidemarker flashes with the turn signal, so I didn't know which side was correct operation. Also noticed that the rear drivers side brake light flashes (dim mode, so its the parking signal) along with the rear turn signal.

Now to try and find out why :(

Edit: Figured it out. Its the stupid VLEDs Triton V6 that has a short from Blinker to Park somewhere in its controller causing voltage to backfeed from the blinker signal. When i moved the bad V6 over to the passenger side, the problem moved over there. The good V6 was placed in the drivers side and it worked correctly over there now.