Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What's your method for bleeding brakes?

I do the tried and true two person bleed. One person pumps the brakes and the other person cracks open the bleeder then closes it while the other person holds the pedal down. Start at the wheel furthest from the master, then work your way towards it. Hasn't failed me yet. Three pumps and hold.

HOLDING!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Same here. Probably done it this way 25 times now and have never had an issue.

Woods247

2000 Post Club
I'm a fan for whatever works. I don't bleed enough to justify not keeping relatively simple, but I also want a little speediness with the process. I've been using a tool I've had in the tool box that I've used for my motorcycle made by MotionPro ~$10. It's basically a check valve that I have dispense into a bleeder bag. I just do one wheel, then move on to the next with the check valve.

I've also used Speed Bleeders in the past with success and will be fitting some on the FiST. Same concept with the check valve, but it will be semi permanent now to each caliper.

One way MotionPro check valve.

Speed Bleeders for the FiST. ~$14 for all 4 corners, not including bleeder bag.

The Motion Pro bleeder has become my favorite method. It’s so simple, clean and cheap. Thanks again for suggesting it.

I've tried a bunch of methods. I think the Motive power bleeder does the best, most consistent job, as long as you ensure it has a sufficient fluid level.

Using a vacuum pressure tool at each bleeder can work well, but you need to ensure you don't pull air around the threads of the bleeder screw. It takes some experience to avoid minor pitfalls, particularly in if the calipers/bleeders are older.

I've used Russel speed bleeders with integrated check valves. I didn't find they worked as well and they weren't very strong. They rusted and broke after a few years.

The two person method works okay, but it's a hassle and there's a bit more margin for error.

Didn't read all the suggestions, but the easiest way a found is a friend. Pump till pressure, Hold, Open bleeder, Repeat. Doesn't take much time, and always works. Tool Tip: Put beer in hand of peddle pusher!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Didn't read all the suggestions, but the easiest way a found is a friend. Pump till pressure, Hold, Open bleeder, Repeat. Doesn't take much time, and always works. Tool Tip: Put beer in hand of peddle pusher!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
You should read the post.