Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

looking at a 14 fist

looking at a 2014 fist with 57,067 miles all stock what should i look for?

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
I would verify that it is truly stock. Look for evidence of modifications (even if they put stock parts back on). Things like air intake&pipes, rear motor mount. The FiST is a pretty reliable car without a singular failure point that you have to look out for. I personally would make sure all the HVAC settings work fine without weird noises. There is a recall out there for that year, a spot on the motor gets a localized hot spot and can lead to cracking. The "fix" is a addition of a coolant level sensor. You could see if this has been done.

OP
Jfeli
Thread Starter #3
thanks guys the car is at my local ford dealer so i'll be checking it out tomorrow

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Is there anything that he can do to verify that the stock programming hasn't been altered? (a.k.a. - a "tune" was installed) Without some expensive tool, don't think there is. Would a tuner be able to tell or would they just reflash it?

if i was you i would skip the 14. I have one and its easily been the least reliable car i have owned. I cannot speak about the other years but this one has given me major problems. Overheating, gearbox slave cylinder (gearbox had to come out), loosing coolant, radio that will not shut off when car is off (i have to pull the fuse 2-3 times a week and its a hassle). the list goes on.