Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Stock fist wheels

ROCKYFiestta

hey guys I had a question , can the stock st fiesta wheels be used on a sedan fiesta ?? I know they are both 4 lug just don't know numbers are the same. I figured it would be a sweet upgrade to the stock sedan over having the wheels collect dust.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
hey guys I had a question , can the stock st fiesta wheels be used on a sedan fiesta ?? I know they are both 4 lug just don't know numbers are the same. I figured it would be a sweet upgrade to the stock sedan over having the wheels collect dust.
Yes the only negative thing I can say it's going to add weight, and wheel assembly weight is not the one you want to add. With the power output and brake rotor size of a ordinary Fiesta it just may drive worse.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
Yes the only negative thing I can say it's going to add weight, and wheel assembly weight is not the one you want to add. With the power output and brake rotor size of a ordinary Fiesta it just may drive worse.

This! It will degrade braking, performance and put more stress on the suspension.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
This degrading in braking will be minute....its not like he's going from a 16 inch wheel to a 22 or 24 inch like I've seen on some vehicles that definitely give it more rotating mass to stop in an emergency. [dictate]

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
From the personal experience going from 15 inch to 17 inch wheels on my daily driver Ford Focus. I lost fuel mileage, brake performance, and acceleration feel. Yes the handling and turn in response is better but on that car it definitely wasn't worth the negatives.

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
This degrading in braking will be minute....its not like he's going from a 16 inch wheel to a 22 or 24 inch like I've seen on some vehicles that definitely give it more rotating mass to stop in an emergency. [dictate]
True. I guess that is not as big a deal as loosing what little performance a non ST has. If these cars were v6/v8, the difference would be negligible at best, but being the torqueLESS monster that it is, every little bit hurts/helps.
I have never been so wheel weight obsessed in my life till I got a FiST[emoji53]
On any of my previous cars, it never crossed my mind to size down, but here I am running 15s.
Being bone stock makes you more conscious of these things.

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
Keep the tire height similar to stock. 205/40/17 should be as small as you can go on stock FiST wheels.

Try it out. You might like the look and handling.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk