Welcome to Fiesta ST Forum, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Senior Member 577 Rep Points Dpro's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 1000 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Capri to ST View Post
    I agree with this completely. There's just no reason to buy this car and then hold it back from its maximum performance by putting 87 octane gas in it.
    I do think the manuals are a little confusing on this point. In the ones I have, in one place it does say that 87 octane is recommended. However, as you pointed out earlier in this thread in another place in the manual it does say that the maximum horsepower is achieved on 93 octane. The clear message for anyone that cares about their car is to run 93 octane in it, or 91 if that's the highest you can get. I suspect Ford may want the best of both worlds here, telling people who are concerned about the higher cost of premium gas that they can run it on regular, while in a more obscure way letting people know that they should really be running premium. They should just tell people that they need to run premium period, as an earlier poster said. For me, it's been so long since I've had a car that runs on regular I barely even notice that pump when I go to the gas station.
    This is my take, some guy at Ford In Detriot sat there and said how the fxmx are we supposed to sell a friggen souped up economy car saying it requires premium fuel. I know we will put in the manual that you can run it on 87 of course the ECU will retard timing and lower boost and it wion’t be as powerful. Then we will put its best to run it on premium.
    2018 Orange Spice,Smoke Storm Recaro’s,Ebony wheels( for now) Thermal RD Exhaust
    , Cobb AP( tune by Randy af Mountune, more customs to come,)ST200 airbox with cold air intake,Revo foam filter, Whoosh/Ramair crossover pipe ,Whoosh Intake Tube,Turbosmart EV blowoff valve, Whoosh motorsports Symposer delete

Senior Member 380 Rep Points
    Ratings | Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 1000 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points
    State
    OH
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    As long as they don't have to compromise on performance, there's nothing wrong with being able to offer the best of both worlds. My 13.1/1 compression motorcycle engine runs on premium only. But it doesn't have special cams that can modify mechanical valve timing on a whim. All it can do is modify ignition timing.
    2016 Ford Fiesta ST Kona Blue ; Engine, Suspension will remain untouched ; Southwest Ohio ; Winter: 215/45R17 Continental ; Seasonal: 205/40R17 Bridgestone

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456