Welcome to Fiesta ST Forum, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

Thread: Beep Beep my Butt!
4 Likes

New Member 5 Rep Points custom500's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals

State
    PA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beep Beep my Butt!

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Does anybody know how to disable the double beep that occurs if you exit the car and close the door when the engine is running?

Member 40 Rep Points SirThomas88's Avatar
    Ratings | Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points
    State
    MD
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

I don't think there has been any solution to this so next best thing is to close the door just so it clicks once and not fully closed. This is what i do because you're right, it is super annoying!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2016 Metallic

Performance Mods
    - Stratified E30 Tune | Cobb AccessPort | Airtec Intercooler | Injen Intake + Woosh Adapter | NGK Iridium X Spark Plugs | Eibach Pro Kit Springs | Polyurethane RMM |
    Accessories
    - XML2 Yellow LED Fog Lights | 35% Window Tint | Weathertech Wind Deflectors (F)
    Planned Future Mods
    - Lightweight Wheels + Performance Tires | Radiator Upgrade | Limited Slip Diff | Lightweight Flywheel

Senior Member 381 Rep Points

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 1000 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points
    State
    OH
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought that someone had discovered a way to do so via ForScan, but maybe that didn't work for our model year(s).

The workaround is to hold your remote just above the driver windshield as you close the driver door.

Just remember to hit the lock button as you walk away. It will not (stay) locked any other way.
    2016 Ford Fiesta ST Kona Blue ; Engine, Suspension will remain untouched ; Southwest Ohio ; Winter: 215/45R17 Continental ; Seasonal: 205/40R17 Bridgestone

0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals

State
    PA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah- I've been trying to do that, but my habit is when you get out of the car you slam the door. And it IS annoying, but also it can be a little embarrassing having people swing around to see who is blowing their horn!

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 1000 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points
    State
    OH
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I tend to remember things that really annoy me LoL. It annoys me so much I never forget it's going to advertise to half the neighborhood that a Ford vehicle with keyless entry has been left running. From time-to-time I hear other Ford drivers advertise... and even witnessed one who didn't lock their vehicle before going into the store.
    2016 Ford Fiesta ST Kona Blue ; Engine, Suspension will remain untouched ; Southwest Ohio ; Winter: 215/45R17 Continental ; Seasonal: 205/40R17 Bridgestone

Member #
    Medals
    State
    OH
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh... and for anyone thinking it's impossible to lock the key in the vehicle... it happens on delay. Vehicle just shutdown, I cracked the door open and immediately hit the lock button on the dash in preparation to exit, but changed my mind. I closed the door, turned on the radio and sat for awhile. Lights flashed and the doors locked. I didn't think much of it until I eventually decided to exit without restart and opened the door... unlocking the door and setting off the alarm. Huh!?

0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals

State
    PA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

Oh well-

It's still a pretty damned cool car

Member 82 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points
    State
    PA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 Likes

If it's your butt beeping, you have probably been probed by aliens. If it's the ST, be thankful you don't have my wife's Nissan Juke, which has chimes, beeps, buzzers for when you are incorrectly dressed or your hair is not right and quotes Wittgenstein when you try to convince it to take the climate control off auto.

Senior Member 555 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    State
    TX
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Can confirm the car will lock the doors with the key in it, even with it running. It happened to me. I deliver Chinese food in my Fiesta on the weekends and I'm in and out of my car a lot while it is running. It is super annoying and embarrassing having it honk when I forget to only half shut it. Like others have mentioned, I just slowly close the door until it clicks once, then I manually lock it with my fob.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk