Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

How to make my car feel more like a Go Cart

Ok i am new to the Forum and new to the Fiesta ST. I just picked up a 2014 Fiesta ST for a great price. The car came with a Cobb Stage one tune as well as a Cobb lower motor mount.

My old car was a 2004 Mini JCW Mini that had a short shiftier, rear Sway bar upgrade as well as motor mount upgrade.

I really miss that over square go cart handling feel of the mini.

Is there anything i can do to get the Fiesta feel more that way?

Thank you for the help.

"don't eat yellow snow"

Yea i would not fill your tires to 40 PSI. That would do nothing good.
It will be very hard to make your ST feel like your Mini. The mini was a great car !!! The only thing you could do is a rear bar and an autocross alignment. That may make it feel more like your old car.

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
40psi is not that far off from spec (39 front, 36 rear).

if you want to make it handle like a gokart, get a Pierce 6pt brace. it makes the steering telepathic and will make the biggest difference in kart feel.

cxwrench

I raced 125 shifters for a while mostly at the Sears Point kart track. We used the softest compound of all the classes, and the lowest pressure. We were normally around 19-21psi. There was nothing like rolling out of the hot pit on a cold morning, getting up to @ 60mph on the short straight before the first chicane (tic tac toe), dropping 2 gears/get on the brakes and having absolutely no direction change when you turned the wheel for about 5-10 yards. I still can't understand why they don't allow tire warmers for the faster karts.

Ok i am new to the Forum and new to the Fiesta ST. I just picked up a 2014 Fiesta ST for a great price. The car came with a Cobb Stage one tune as well as a Cobb lower motor mount.

My old car was a 2004 Mini JCW Mini that had a short shiftier, rear Sway bar upgrade as well as motor mount upgrade.

I really miss that over square go cart handling feel of the mini.

Is there anything i can do to get the Fiesta feel more that way?

Thank you for the help.

"don't eat yellow snow"
I haven't done any handling or suspension upgrades to my FiST yet. But i have been looking for a longggg time. pierce motorsport has some sweet under bracing. The front 6 point i heard does wonders. Their rear torsion bar is a big seller too. I heard any strut tower braces really do not do much.
I was messing around on ebay looking for bracing for a fiesta and came across some under-side bracing and mid brace, but i can not find any review on those :/

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
I have 0.1deg of toe-out on mine and it helps with turn-in, but doesn't sacrifice too much tire life. It does like to tramline on uneven roads though, but nothing alarming or dangerous.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
I too had a 2004 Mini S JCW before my Fiestas.
The one thing you can't overcome is the longer wheelbase.

So the main things is suspension, chassis bracing, and tires.
You could check out my build info. listed below.

Dave