Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Commercial: "While Other Manufacturers Abandon Car Drivers"

The Crosstrek is not an enthusiast vehicle. it's slow, not powerful or torquey. And it's road noise level is very high. I guess you could say that it's unrefined. So yeah, Snail covers it. I think the Outback wagon is the best thing they offer, in mainstream product.
It is also selling in huge amounts and could be mimicked by Ford( But won't be) with a Fusion wagon with AWD for not a lot of development cost.

Last edited:
The Crosstrek is not an enthusiast vehicle. it's slow, not powerful or torquey. And it's road noise level is very high. I guess you could say that it's unrefined. So yeah, Snail covers it. I think the Outback wagon is the best thing they offer, in mainstream product.
It is also selling in huge amounts and could be mimicked by Ford( But won't be) with a Fusion wagon with AWD for not a lot of development cost.
I'll grant that the FiST was designed for enthusiast but, I think we need to be honest and acknowledge that other segments have just as many, if not more, "enthusiast." I'm certain the aftermarket Truck market dwarfs the FiST and FoST markets combined. Additionally, as the popularity of Outbacks/Foresters/Crosstreks has increased so has the customization sector for these vehicles. There are plenty of Subaru dealers installing lifts on their new vehicles to sell in showrooms.

I'm only bringing this up because a lot of people are acting as if Ford is abandoning enthusiast (tired of using this word lol). They really aren't; the (after)market is just changing. I mean look at the Mustang; more and more iterations of it are being introduced. They are obviously catering to the Mustang crowd.

Hot hatches are probably just a shrinking niche in the US. It sux but it is what it is.

Ford Community Posts