Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

REVO RT330 Turbo Kit Issues Discussion

koozy

3000 Post Club
Post 'em up. Videos, screenshots, plots, user experience, and whatever you got to share.

Some people can live with issues, some can't or prefer not to live with them.
Hopefully a discussion of the issues/non-issues will help potential buyers make up their decision with their upgrade path and if this kit is viable for them.

slopoke

Well at least someone looking to upgrade their turbo can't buy one from Ron@Whoosh, since he's pulled them from his website and IIRC, he's the exclusive seller of the Revo turbo. Now if some ass hat that currently owns one decides to find a non informed sucker and sells it to him/her. That's another story.

OP
koozy

koozy

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
This thread is for anyone in the world, not just those in North America. Hopefully our friends overseas can contribute and shed some light to their experiences as well as those in N. America.

What problems are people having with the new RT330 unit ?

I thought that it was going to be a solid turbo upgrade.

Well at least someone looking to upgrade their turbo can't buy one from Ron@Whoosh, since he's pulled them from his website and IIRC, he's the exclusive seller of the Revo turbo. Now if some ass hat that currently owns one decides to find a non informed sucker and sells it to him/her. That's another story.
He's not the exclusive dealer, although he sold the vast majority of them in the US. At least two other members of this forum bought from other Revo US dealers. Any dealer currently dealing with them on their VW/Audi product lines has access to this product.

What problems are people having with the new RT330 unit ?

I thought that it was going to be a solid turbo upgrade.
I'll post a synopsis of the the entire experience so far later, but in a nutshell, its a very poorly designed turbo, with multiple major flaws, one of which leads to the turbo to surge badly between 3-4k rpms, or any time you drop into wot, and Revo is hot garbage to deal with.

slopoke

He's not the exclusive dealer, although he sold the vast majority of them in the US. At least two other members of this forum bought from other Revo US dealers. Any dealer currently dealing with them on their VW/Audi product lines has access to this product.
I wonder how the other dealers in the U.S are going to or have handled this issue. I was bummed when the RT330 came out, since it was released really soon after I bought the S242 turbo. Guess I can consider myself lucky.

deego

I wonder how the other dealers in the U.S are going to or have handled this issue. I was bummed when the RT330 came out, since it was released really soon after I bought the S242 turbo. Guess I can consider myself lucky.
I was one of the buyers from a non-Whoosh dealer. This is where I am currently:

I've been told that Revo isn't offering refunds, the turbo isn't defective according to Revo, and this is a calibration issue. More or less I was told tuners in the states have yet to get the turbo properly tuned, due to the different ECUs. This is in the face of several videos of cars from the UK and Gustav in SA where the surge is an observable issue. So far, the only solution offered has been a suggestion for me to try to sell the turbo to someone overseas.

I'm in this boat because I inquired about getting an s242 and was told that the newer better turbo was just around the corner. You should definitely feel lucky.

So did they use a different unit all together vs the S242 Bullseye unit? Is the S242 the turbo that they are using now? I've also seen a few videos of the X47R beating the snot out of a VT330 equipped car.