Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

NorCal New Member and FiST Owner - Hello

Long time hot hatch fan... GTI's mostly... new to a FiST...very excited to be in a light, tossable car!!!

Found a great, very low mile 2016 base car in Kona Blue, slick top. Won't track or AX this car... just want a fleet footed canyon carver that can be DD'ed as well!

Look forward to some fun drives and getting on the mod train. I like to do them incrementally so as I thoroughly understand what each one accomplishes in terms of improving the quality of the drive.

By my research, it seems the path will be as follows, over time:

1. Rear motor mount
2. Cobb accessport (reading a lot about Cobb vs Mountune... leaning Cobb)
3. FMIC
4. Short shifter, shift bushings
5. 215/40/17 tires (I understand the factory Bridgestones are very good already), maybe with lighter wheels

Try to make smart decisions with high bang for buck mods.

Thoughts and opinions welcome, especially regarding who would be good vendors to buy from. Mod Bargains is well known to me but as a Calif resident I am hit with sales tax buying from them... any others?

Cheers.

20190109_164231a.jpg 20190109_164333a.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome and congrats! I'm new too but learning how to throw this car around and I'm loving it. It just asks for it.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Hello neighbor!(sorta) :D

May I suggest the Cobb RMM? It does an excellent job with minimal NVH.
If you are still under warranty you might consider the Mountune MP215. It wonā€™t affect your warranty as long as you have a Ford dealer do it.
I deleted my sound tube and Iā€™m glad I did it.

Cheers

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Congrats and welcome aboard

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
Welcome!
Lighter wheels are a MUST! Stock wheels are almost 24lb.
A lot of peeps drop down a size or two as well. 17" is overkill for these cars. I just bought a 16" summer set up myself.
There's a ton of good info on this forum.

Welcome!
Lighter wheels are a MUST! Stock wheels are almost 24lb.
A lot of peeps drop down a size or two as well. 17" is overkill for these cars. I just bought a 16" summer set up myself.
There's a ton of good info on this forum.
Could not agree more. I too went with 16s but for my winter set. The power felt better with that drop in weight. Plus the ride over bad roads is much better - less worrying about a cracked wheel!

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

OP
G
Thread Starter #14
thanks all for the welcome

am reading all about the different RMM's... leaning Mountune over the stiffer ones

will get an Accessport with standard tune software to wake the car up, not sure I need the upsized intercooler or not - does the aftermarket air filter all the vendors sell as part of their kit make a real difference?

driving the car i love the light progressive clutch but i think i would like the shifter throws to be shorter... very nice shifter overall in stock form for sure

i do like the look of the stock wheels on my car... sad to learn they sap performance with their weight though :(

and too bad i just got the car... missed all the end of year sales on the mods :( :(

Dpro

6000 Post Club
thanks all for the welcome

am reading all about the different RMM's... leaning Mountune over the stiffer ones

will get an Accessport with standard tune software to wake the car up, not sure I need the upsized intercooler or not - does the aftermarket air filter all the vendors sell as part of their kit make a real difference?

driving the car i love the light progressive clutch but i think i would like the shifter throws to be shorter... very nice shifter overall in stock form for sure

i do like the look of the stock wheels on my car... sad to learn they sap performance with their weight though :(

and too bad i just got the car... missed all the end of year sales on the mods :( :(
If you are going to any spirit driving in warmer weather then upgrading the intercooler is wise. The factory one was designed in colder climates than a lot of California.

The other stock weak link is our radiators as sell IMO. They are small and they have plastic end tanks which IMO on a performance car a no no. Lol ya BMW does it Stock as well on M cars and I have personally had one blow apart at speed. Its a good way to toast a head gasket. Lol

That did not happen as I pulled over immediatly suffice to say I think a radiator upgrade at some point is wise,

green_henry

1000 Post Club
If you are going to any spirit driving in warmer weather then upgrading the intercooler is wise. The factory one was designed in colder climates than a lot of California.

The other stock weak link is our radiators as sell IMO. They are small and they have plastic end tanks which IMO on a performance car a no no. Lol ya BMW does it Stock as well on M cars and I have personally had one blow apart at speed. Its a good way to toast a head gasket. Lol

That did not happen as I pulled over immediatly suffice to say I think a radiator upgrade at some point is wise,
OP, there's a new Mountune radiator on craigslist from a seller in the Dublin area. I don't recall seeing it posted on this forum. I think he's asking $450 and it's been posted for a few months -- that's a good price and it could be a great deal if he's willing to sell it for less (I'm very happy with mine)

Dpro

6000 Post Club
OP, there's a new Mountune radiator on craigslist from a seller in the Dublin area. I don't recall seeing it posted on this forum. I think he's asking $450 and it's been posted for a few months -- that's a good price and it could be a great deal if he's willing to sell it for less (I'm very happy with mine)
If its on Criagslist that pretty much opens it up to offers. Lol I bet He can get it for around $350-400. I wound up getting my new Mountune for $365 bought it off someone who never used it and had red mountune hoses with it . I sold the hoses which lowered my overall purchase price. [hihi]