Welcome to Fiesta ST Forum, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Senior Member 1308 Rep Points Flaco's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 1000 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points Earned First 1500 Posts and 300 Rep Points
    State
    GA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dpro View Post
    Well maybe you should check the paint on the manufacturing plate as per Fords own comments Shadow Black is a Non Metallic i.e. no metal flake whereas Tuxedo Black was a Metallic and had blue and Sllver metal flake. That is according to Ford about their colors.
    I know the colors as I reseaeched them before buying my car as I bought my car two years after I stumbled across FiST’s.
    I even had a friend who wanted one that was Tuxedo Black and then when I bought mine saw that they had changed it to Shadow Black and was dissapointed about the non Metallic
    This was a Galpin Ford the largest Ford dealer in the country,

I am not incorrect about which paint color was what as I also compared Shadow Black cars on the lot to Metallic colors Like the Magnetic and The Orange Spice. Ford may say its non metallic. But there was flake in it when I bought it and flake in it after it was repainted.

Guys Do not go by the window sticker go by the paint code on the chassis window stickers can be printed with mistakes.
    Well there is very fine metal flake in Shadow Black as others have said and yes my car has been completely repainted after being damaged during Hurricane Erma in September 2017. I park next to a Tux FoST at work every day I can clearly see the difference. The flake in Tux is much larger with a lot gold in it. You have to be really close to Shadow to see the flake its very fine. And I can read paint codes because I have plenty of job experience in auto body/collision paint and restoration. Tux Black paint code is UH. Looking at my sales brochure for 2016 and no Tux black listed for FiST only Shadow.
    2016 ST3 Shadow Black
    Cobb AP3 Stratified 4.0 Flash Tune 91/93oct
    ST 200 Airbox Velossa Tech Bigmouth Mishimoto High Flow Induction Hose
    RamAir Crossover Pipe Samco Silicone Boost Hoses Depo Racing FMIC
    Mountune High Flow Lower Intercooler Charge Pipe GFB DV+
    Expansion Plug Symposer Delete Mishimoto OCC/Radiator & Fan Shroud Kit
    Powerflex MM Inserts Cobb Exhaust.Hangers Koni Sport Shocks Mountune Lowering Springs
    Pierce Motorsport Lower Chassis Brace Mojo Short Shift/Transmission Shifter Bushings RedlineGoods
    Shifter Boot/Armrest Cover DaVinci Rear Defusers Kumho PS-31 205/40/17 Triple R Splitter
    Carbon Motorsports Headlight Eyebrows Mountune Winglets ZL1 Rockguards TechMax/Sealight LED
    Head/Fogs Reverse/Interior LED's Vent Visors MK 7 S1600 Side Stripes 35%Tint Boom Mat No Pistons Dead Pedal

Member 92 Rep Points
    Ratings | Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points
    State
    AL
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Flaco View Post
    Well there is very fine metal flake in Shadow Black as others have said and yes my car has been completely repainted after being damaged during Hurricane Erma in September 2017. I park next to a Tux FoST at work every day I can clearly see the difference. The flake in Tux is much larger with a lot gold in it. You have to be really close to Shadow to see the flake its very fine. And I can read paint codes because I have plenty of job experience in auto body/collision paint and restoration. Tux Black paint code is UH. Looking at my sales brochure for 2016 and no Tux black listed for FiST only Shadow.
    I think the best way to describe it is pearl. Metallic appears to be misleading. I can accept pearl.
    2016 Shadow Black Fiesta ST
    -Rally Armory Flaps-

0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points
    State
    MI
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

It's a synthetic hybrid of metalflake and pearl. Manufactured by German firm Merck, KGaA. It is called Xirallic (pronounced. zer ral ik). Initially produced only in one factory in Japan. Unfortunately it was located near the Fukushima nuclear plant. So, in March 2011 that plant operation was wiped out. I'm aware that it is used in two shade formulations of black and three or four shade formulations of red. It's pretty special stuff.

0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points
    State
    MI
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

Confusion is understandable regarding what black Finnish was used.....

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Tux, shadow and a straight up, non "color effect " gloss black that temporarily replaced tux because of the sunami and subsequent nuclear power plant disaster in Japan in March of 2011. I always refer to those cars as "sunami black" Fiesta's. The door tag is the best reference as to what they used.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234