Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Ignore feature questions

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Sorry No, just deleted ones.
//////////////////////////////
Don't worry.
I never read deleted posts.
Curious that this feature would be unavailable or turned off. Any of the forums I've been a moderator with, offer an ability to see edit/revision history; not that I've bothered either except to confirm suspicion that a deleted spammer post was indeed a spammer. Most are edits for typographical, grammatical errors, or additions; more rarely as lies of omission.

Koozy said: Ok good, I will have to wipe my posts clean before deleting them lol
I think you're kidding on that comment but one thing to note, if someone loads the page and quotes you before deletion or edit, your deleted/pre-edited post remains in their quote, as well as in every thread subscriber's email.

Simply think of the 'ignore' feature as a 'hide' feature. So it merely automatically hides the post of said individuals from the one requesting person. This likely includes filtering your notifications for their responses. In theory, their mentions, [MENTION=5184]Intuit[/MENTION] for example, would be filtered also.

One thing I've been curious about is, if the person *quickly* deletes or edits/revises their post, (say, over fifteen seconds total,) does that original version still go out to the subscribers, versus the edited/revised version? What goes out on page loads, of course just depends on who loaded that page within that pre-edit time frame.

Personally I've never sought to use the 'ignore' feature. Forums are for the respectful public exchange of information, thoughts and ideas. I can understand/appreciate the existence of the feature (for the experience of spamming + trolling) but it seems to go against the principal nature of a forum. Because, not public, I seldom engage in Private Messaging either. This forum seems to be decently moderated. Having been on a couple of mismoderated forums, I've simply left. Personal preference for exercising self restraint instead. Well over a decade in forums and you tend to develop a hide. But on the flip side, I've never believed in the existence of "cyber bullying" due to the existence of the 'OFF' button. Back before electronic media was in every kid's pocket, they simply passed notes. The kid either chose to read it, or not. I guess one could try to label that as 'ignoring/hiding' but the key difference there is, those messages are generally not responses but altogether unsolicited with the goal of causing personal/targeted socio-perceptive harm.

EDIT: Is this edit in your email?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^I generally agree with you on the above, and about your comments concerning THIS (excellent, and extremely well moderated) forum, but the feature in question DOES have a purpose/becomes useful when there are certain members compulsively hellbent on 'following around' other members on the site, and attacking them EVERY single chance they get. [wink]

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
^^^I generally agree with you on the above, and about your comments concerning THIS (excellent, and extremely well moderated) forum, but the feature in question DOES have a purpose/becomes useful when there are certain members compulsively hellbent on 'following around' other members on the site, and attacking them EVERY single chance they get. [wink]
The only reason why I don't ignore some is I hate to block any potential information. I really don't care for when people call each other names, or post constant negative crap.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

OP
koozy

koozy

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #25
I ignore peeps all the time, gots not time for silly games. I operate under the belief that I don’t need this forum or any particular one place for my sole source for info. I give more than I take.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
My wife found out about my previous post.
Now she is ignoring me.

Dave