Welcome to Fiesta ST Forum, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ignore feature questions
11 Likes

Senior Member 971 Rep Points koozy's Avatar
    Ratings | Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 1000 Posts Earned First 2000 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points Earned First 1500 Posts and 300 Rep Points Earned First 2000 Posts and 400 Rep Points
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    It’s incredibly easy! Jedi mind LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member 380 Rep Points

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 1000 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points
    State
    OH
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

Quote Originally Posted by D1JL View Post
    Sorry No, just deleted ones.
    //////////////////////////////
    Don't worry.
    I never read deleted posts.
    Curious that this feature would be unavailable or turned off. Any of the forums I've been a moderator with, offer an ability to see edit/revision history; not that I've bothered either except to confirm suspicion that a deleted spammer post was indeed a spammer. Most are edits for typographical, grammatical errors, or additions; more rarely as lies of omission.

Koozy said: Ok good, I will have to wipe my posts clean before deleting them lol
    I think you're kidding on that comment but one thing to note, if someone loads the page and quotes you before deletion or edit, your deleted/pre-edited post remains in their quote, as well as in every thread subscriber's email.

Simply think of the 'ignore' feature as a 'hide' feature. So it merely automatically hides the post of said individuals from the one requesting person. This likely includes filtering your notifications for their responses. In theory, their mentions, @Intuit for example, would be filtered also.

One thing I've been curious about is, if the person *quickly* deletes or edits/revises their post, (say, over fifteen seconds total,) does that original version still go out to the subscribers, versus the edited/revised version? What goes out on page loads, of course just depends on who loaded that page within that pre-edit time frame.

Personally I've never sought to use the 'ignore' feature. Forums are for the respectful public exchange of information, thoughts and ideas. I can understand/appreciate the existence of the feature (for the experience of spamming + trolling) but it seems to go against the principal nature of a forum. Because, not public, I seldom engage in Private Messaging either. This forum seems to be decently moderated. Having been on a couple of mismoderated forums, I've simply left. Personal preference for exercising self restraint instead. Well over a decade in forums and you tend to develop a hide. But on the flip side, I've never believed in the existence of "cyber bullying" due to the existence of the 'OFF' button. Back before electronic media was in every kid's pocket, they simply passed notes. The kid either chose to read it, or not. I guess one could try to label that as 'ignoring/hiding' but the key difference there is, those messages are generally not responses but altogether unsolicited with the goal of causing personal/targeted socio-perceptive harm.

EDIT: Is this edit in your email?
    2016 Ford Fiesta ST Kona Blue ; Engine, Suspension will remain untouched ; Southwest Ohio ; Winter: 215/45R17 Continental ; Seasonal: 205/40R17 Bridgestone

Senior Member 1255 Rep Points M-Sport fan's Avatar

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 1000 Posts Earned First 2000 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points Earned First 1500 Posts and 300 Rep Points Earned First 2000 Posts and 400 Rep Points Earned First 5000 Posts and 500 Rep Points
    State
    PA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

^^^I generally agree with you on the above, and about your comments concerning THIS (excellent, and extremely well moderated) forum, but the feature in question DOES have a purpose/becomes useful when there are certain members compulsively hellbent on 'following around' other members on the site, and attacking them EVERY single chance they get.
    Magnetic 2016 Fiesta ST base model

0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points
    State
    NC
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by M-Sport fan View Post
    ^^^I generally agree with you on the above, and about your comments concerning THIS (excellent, and extremely well moderated) forum, but the feature in question DOES have a purpose/becomes useful when there are certain members compulsively hellbent on 'following around' other members on the site, and attacking them EVERY single chance they get.
    The only reason why I don't ignore some is I hate to block any potential information. I really don't care for when people call each other names, or post constant negative crap.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Senior Member 971 Rep Points koozy's Avatar

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 1000 Posts Earned First 2000 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points Earned First 1500 Posts and 300 Rep Points Earned First 2000 Posts and 400 Rep Points
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I ignore peeps all the time, gots not time for silly games. I operate under the belief that I don’t need this forum or any particular one place for my sole source for info. I give more than I take.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123