Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Autocross guys, what tires are you running?

I'm running a 16" wheel with the 205/45/16 RE71R. You could also run the 215/45/16 Rival S on that wheel. With much better tire options and weight savings of ~8lbs per wheel over OEM wheels, it's easily the best option for staying in H Street.

I haven't looked yet this year to see if we have any newer/better options coming out though...

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
I haven't autoxed my FiST yet (just got it in October), but this strikes me as right, given my experience running Mustangs. The RE71R is the tire to have. And it's just great in the wet.

TDavis

1000 Post Club
So many different options. Some like the Z3s and say they handle heat well, others say no. Some like the RS-RRs but some say they get greasy pretty quickly. Some like the Azenis but switch to Federals.

This is making my tire decisions go all wonky.

I street drive but occasionally drive 'very' spirited through backroads and the occasional track day(not autoX). I do not drive it in the rain and I will have a second set of all seasons for winter.

My options are:

-Falken Azenis 615K+
-Federal 595RS-RR
-Dunlop ZIII
-Federal 595RS-PRO

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
So many different options. Some like the Z3s and say they handle heat well, others say no. Some like the RS-RRs but some say they get greasy pretty quickly. Some like the Azenis but switch to Federals.

This is making my tire decisions go all wonky.

I street drive but occasionally drive 'very' spirited through backroads and the occasional track day(not autoX). I do not drive it in the rain and I will have a second set of all seasons for winter.

My options are:

-Falken Azenis 615K+
-Federal 595RS-RR
-Dunlop ZIII
-Federal 595RS-PRO
I would get the Falkens. Then the Dunlops. Avoid the Federals. The RS-RR is obnoxiously loud and the RS-PRO is going to be hard to find replacements, unless you just go ahead and buy seven or eight of them from the get-go.

If it is primarily a street tire, and you barely take it to the track, I would not worry about the tires getting greasy. You probably are not driving it that hard on the track anyway. No offense. I would still avoid the federal simply because of the availability and noise. People say they don't mind noisy tires, until they have a truly noisy Tire. LOL

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

TDavis

1000 Post Club
I would get the Falkens. Then the Dunlops. Avoid the Federals. The RS-RR is obnoxiously loud and the RS-PRO is going to be hard to find replacements, unless you just go ahead and buy seven or eight of them from the get-go.

If it is primarily a street tire, and you barely take it to the track, I would not worry about the tires getting greasy. You probably are not driving it that hard on the track anyway. No offense. I would still avoid the federal simply because of the availability and noise. People say they don't mind noisy tires, until they have a truly noisy Tire. LOL

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
No offense taken. It's always hard to gauge how hard a person drives from a forum. I've personally gotten the stock Michelin A/S AS3s greasy within 4-5 turns on back roads when it was 98+ degrees outside. Not proud of that, but we live on. They never failed me on the track when I went but it was also a nice 60 degrees outside. Only person who was able to keep up with me on corners was 1 Camaro SS 1LE.

I am no novice but nor do I think I'm a pro driver either. I do feel I push it a little harder then most though, with control, not erratically.

FistLean.jpg

This was from last weekend. The tires do not rub when the car is completely unloaded for racing. It will occasionally rub on the street with a large bump or pothole, but only in the rear.