Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

NEW TIRE: Federal 595RS-PRO

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Just saw last night on Federals instagram the successor to the RS-RRs, the RS-PRO

Thoughts? I still havent gotten my tires as of yet since I don't plan to until spring hits and so I can use up my A/Ss. This might be considered too.

Falken RK615+s and Dunlop Z3s are added to the list as well.

Federal claims better performance and "....dramatically less noisey!"

https://www.federaltire.com/en/products_detail.php?products_detail_sn=42

Looks like a more traditional tread pattern vs the RS-RR's. Which will hopefully help with the insane road noise and lack of wet performance. Looking forward to trying them, likely on my miata though.

the big question I have is do they have fiesta st friendly sizes. I would be on hankook RS4 but they don't have a good size.

OP
TDavis

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #4
the big question I have is do they have fiesta st friendly sizes. I would be on hankook RS4 but they don't have a good size.
I see they have a 215/40/17 available. On the link I provided they show all the global market available sizes.

I have a set of the Azenis you mentioned on my summer setup, they're nice and sticky without being too noisy

OP
TDavis

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #7
I have a set of the Azenis you mentioned on my summer setup, they're nice and sticky without being too noisy
I'm not really too worried about noise. Mainly want a tire that can handle high temps well and not get greasy, while being decent treadwear ~200

that's the downfall of the 615... they get hot and then super greasy compared to start spec, rs4, re71, etc etc

OP
TDavis

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #9
that's the downfall of the 615... they get hot and then super greasy compared to start spec, rs4, re71, etc etc
How do they compare to the Dunlop Z3s?

615 is pretty grippy and a good value for money, but the Z3 gives so much feedback where the 615 is vague. Z3 takes heat and abuse better and breaks away more gradually. Personally I like the hankook rs4 as the best of both for a good price. when sizing works for the platform.

OP
TDavis

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #13
615 is pretty grippy and a good value for money, but the Z3 gives so much feedback where the 615 is vague. Z3 takes heat and abuse better and breaks away more gradually. Personally I like the hankook rs4 as the best of both for a good price. when sizing works for the platform.
Awesome! Looks like the Z3 is at the top as of now. I would love to have the RS4 or RE71s as an option but for my sizes that I'm going for they're not available.

Rain isn't an issue for me when it comes to tires as I don't drive the car when its raining.

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
In my experience, the Dunlops get greasy quicker than the Falkens. I've never used the Z3 but the Z2 and last gen RT615K were both used extensively on my Sentra track car and I prefer the Falken. The Dunlops were more progressive at the limit but they couldn't handle the abuse and heat as well as the Falkens. We have track temps in the 140s though.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Have you guys seen a release date on these? My search has been weak.

Spoke with the guys at HotStickyTires who are the local Federal hookup here in SoCal. They told me the 595RS-Pro hasn’t been shipped yet, they’re expecting to get them March/April and the pricing should be slightly more expensive if not the same as the 595RS-RR. If I find some before then I’ll let you all know. Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Spoke with the guys at HotStickyTires who are the local Federal hookup here in SoCal. They told me the 595RS-Pro hasn’t been shipped yet, they’re expecting to get them March/April and the pricing should be slightly more expensive if not the same as the 595RS-RR. If I find some before then I’ll let you all know. Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks man. That helps me make the decision to go ahead and buy the RSR. After they’re beat I’ll pickup the RS-Pro.

Ford Community Posts