Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

NEW TIRE: Federal 595RS-PRO

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Seller “federaltireofficial” on eBay said they’ll be available in the US this April.

TemecFist

Theres a company here in SoCal that receives their first shipment Sept 15. I already pre-ordered a set to replace my RS-RR's. So yes, they are here in the US.

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Posted this on my build thread. Figured it might be good to start a discussion here as others start using the RS-Pro.

I spent the day adjusting Federal tires again. The RS Pro was best at 33psi cold ~ 40psi hot, which seems high when compared to the 26/36 I usually run in the RT615K+. They rolled over if I ran anything less (Atlanta Motorsports Park has a lot of elevation change and is extremely technical). It took longer (a few laps) to put heat in them compared to the RT615K+ (1.5 laps at the same track). Once they were up to temp, I enjoyed them and they became more predictable. Lateral grip is impressive but steering feedback was pretty numb. They "feel" softer than RT615K+. My biggest issue was in heavy braking zones. I activated ABS frequently whereas I’ve rarely done that with the Falkens. I also had much more tire spin accelerating out of turns than I did with the RT615K+ however, the RS Pro’s lateral grip at speed felt stronger. They held their line well on the long carousels. For that reason alone, I’ve decided to keep a set of them in rotation. I’ll see how they do at Barber in a couple of weeks. It’s also quite technical but speeds are much higher. I think the RS Pro likes heat, so higher speeds and harder braking zones might benefit them. It’ll be interesting to see what my lap times are with my new set of RT615K+ at the same track in similar conditions as well.

Izzy

I'll be using mine mostly for regular street use here in TX. Wanted something grippy that could handle a occasional shower. Ideally I would get another set of Indy 500's but they are not available in 15". Went with the RS-Pro's over something like the RE-71 because early testing suggests that because they handle more heat they should last a little longer. I'll see how it goes and will update accordingly. My TD 1.2s should finally be powder coated by early next week. So hopefully running these in the next 2 weeks.

Last edited:

Woods247

2000 Post Club
I'll be using mine mostly for regular street use here in TX. Wanted something grippy that could handle a occasional shower. Ideally I would get another set of Indy 500's but they are not available in 15". Went with the RS-Pro's over something like RE-71 because early testing suggests that because they handle more heat they should last a little longer. I'll see how it goes a d will update accordingly. My TD 1.2s should finally be powder coated by early next week. So hopefully running these in the next 2 weeks.
Gotcha. They spin and understeer like a mofo when they’re cold. You’d probably be better off with the RSR. They’re a lot louder than the RSR too. Not RSRR loud, but they’re loud. My car was 77 decibels on the highway. For comparison, my truck has 33” Cooper AT3s and a roof rack and it was 71 decibels at 80mph. Just my 2cents.. I’m sure a lot of people will roll them on the street because they’re cheap.

Izzy

I always have my music blasting so noise is negligible for me...lol

could your understeering be low air pressure?

I really wanted to go 225/45/15, but was apprehensive with clearances. Every review spoke highly of them and how wide they were for a 205. They'll at least give me some clearance measurements for my next set. Hopefully by then they'll be a better 225/45/15 street tire I could run.

Last edited:

Woods247

2000 Post Club
I always have my music blasting so noise is negligible for me...lol

could your understeering be low air pressure?

I really wanted to go 225/45/15, but was apprehensive with clearances. Every review spoke highly of them and how wide they were for a 205. They'll at least give ma some measurements for my next set. Hopefully by then they'll be a better 225/45/15 street tire I could run.
They were just cold. When they’re cold I could break them loose easily. I have a hybrid too. They run wide. 215s fit on my car with no issues. I need to measure them next to the RT615K+ and share it. I’ll do that later.

Izzy

They were just cold. When they’re cold I could break them loose easily. I have a hybrid too. They run wide. 215s fit on my car with no issues. I need to measure them next to the RT615K+ and share it. I’ll do that later.
I'm still on my stock turbo dizzy tune so I should be fine. I can light up my 205 Indy 500's in 2nd as is though. Thank you for the comparison you plan on indulging us with later.

Hi team. As i saw some of you guys have used the Federal 595 RS-PRO. I recently purchased 4 corners of them (215/40/R17) and waiting them to be fitted in my Fiesta ST180. My car is a STG3 car with 280HP crank and 400NM of torque. I would like to ask you what is the optimal air pressure should i inflate the tires with? I use the car everyday and rarely on track. Please give me the recommended tire pressures for front and rear tires.