Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Stock brake pads vs others

AzNightmare

One is semi-metallic and the other is ceramic. Summer Tire vs. All season Tire equipped.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
My car came with Summer tires and the pads are dusty as hell. Must be metallic. They also lasted about 24k miles.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
My car came with Summer tires and the pads are dusty as hell. Must be metallic. They also lasted about 24k miles.
They sure are dusty but they are good. I saw a Porsche Saturday it definitely had some dusty pads on it.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
I received some PowerStop brake pads from Rock Auto today.

I purchased the Z16 Evolution ceramic pads. I think i paid $58 SHIPPED for both front and rears.

I'll post a review as soon as i get them on.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

Intuit

3000 Post Club
The longer the pad life, the shorter the rotor life. (assuming same thickness)

Since I do my own work, and vanity is less of a concern, just prefer to get the cheapest pads, change them more often and not have to worry about the rotors for quite awhile. Whether on the cheapest or the most expensive, ABS aside, the car is more than capable of locking up the wheels on a dime. When it does come time to replace the rotors, I'll go for the higher quality/dollar ones.

First response here. Hawks & or Moutune...thoughts? I have some 1552 turbomac ralley white on back order and aint no way I'm keeping these stock pads.

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
Few pads will bite like the dusty stockers.

Ive been running ceramics and whike they dont have the same "dropped anchor" stopping power, they stop fine and keep my wheels relatively clean.

Spork1569

Ive been running ceramics and whike they dont have the same "dropped anchor" stopping power, they stop fine and keep my wheels relatively clean.

Same boat, switched to ceramics when I switch my rotors and while bite isn't as good, stopping power doesn't seemed diminished but instead more linear in terms of stopping power for the ceramics(need to push the break further to reach same breaking potential of stock) whereas the stocks are very aggressive from the get go and taper down. The lack of dust is very nice though.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
This is Incorrect Danbfree....I have a 15' & A/s Tires and it did not come with ceramics in any shape or form. I am the only owner since like 200 miles on the odometer. [biggrin] It now has Carbotech 1521 bobcat pads....which are exceptional!
Maybe it's just the '16+ that come with ceramics when the car comes with all-seasons, but they definitely did switch to that at some point... but also, the part numbers for OEM ceramic clearly exist and clearly they came on my '17, so anyone can order them too...

danbfree

3000 Post Club

They have good initial "grab" but need to warm up before having full stopping power from there, which is totally fine for the most part... and not sure how to multi-quote with the new layout but also true how they are more linear, you just push harder and they work better.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I recently installed Carbotech 1521s and like them a lot. The dust levels are day and night. They don't grab as much as the stockers but I consider that a good thing. Two track sessions thus far and hey
Nice to see another member with El Bobcat pads!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Your positive review was one of the deciding factors (y)
Yeah I'm almost 30k into the Brake job and am still digging them! what kind of rotors did you get? I was most happy with similar braking as stockers with less dust and not as Grabby....but they still bite when you get on them.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
The longer the pad life, the shorter the rotor life. (assuming same thickness)

Since I do my own work, and vanity is less of a concern, just prefer to get the cheapest pads, change them more often and not have to worry about the rotors for quite awhile. Whether on the cheapest or the most expensive, ABS aside, the car is more than capable of locking up the wheels on a dime. When it does come time to replace the rotors, I'll go for the higher quality/dollar ones.

This is why I got Cryoed slotted rotors In the front and normal slotted rotors in the rear.