Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Stock brake pads vs others

danbfree

3000 Post Club
This is Incorrect Danbfree....I have a 15' & A/s Tires and it did not come with ceramics in any shape or form. I am the only owner since like 200 miles on the odometer. [biggrin] It now has Carbotech 1521 bobcat pads....which are exceptional!
This is what it shows for '15 too:
AStires.JPG

So, not sure why yours didn't, or if they really did, as you are the very first person to ever claim this... Did you have tons of brake dust from the original ones? If so, the dealer may have swapped A/S tires on or they screwed up at the factory, but absolutely every car that comes with All Seasons from the factory normally gets the ceramic pads, and those are the part numbers for those interested in the OEM ceramics.

Last edited:

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Now that I remember I think the front Ceramic pads I bought from Autozone were Duralast- and they were like $65. They had the best price for Ceramic pads I could find.
Rock Auto man, they have ceramics from less than $20 up to the OEM ones for $80 while most are around $35... I'm not sure what I'm gonna go with next, probably Bosch or Centric.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
https://youtu.be/28OFeUYHvsA

I've installed a lot of brake pads nothing special about ceramic the reason why it's so popular is because it's quiet, and low dust. I'm not saying they can't perform well but with every pad material pros and cons exist. Brake pads are a complicated science and this video is very informative.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

danbfree

3000 Post Club
https://youtu.be/28OFeUYHvsA

I've installed a lot of brake pads nothing special about ceramic the reason why it's so popular is because it's quiet, and low dust. I'm not saying they can't perform well but with every pad material pros and cons exist. Brake pads are a complicated science and this video is very informative.

Good points, I just think it's cheaper to use non-ceramic to get the same performance than the more expensive ceramic pads... For example, the OEM ceramics are more than double the price of the semi-metallic, you pay more for being quiet and low dust at about the same performance... Now cheap ceramics may not have the same performance of the semi-metallic pads but once you get up there in price, like the EBC Red Stuff, they perform actually a little better than the non-ceramic stock pads but at a much bigger cost.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Difference of opinion and that's okay.
Of course it's OK but you never even stated what your opinion really is, other than the part I already mentioned... Ceramic pads cost more because they are quieter and produce far less dust. And it's been proven that EBC Red Stuff actually stop better than stock non-ceramic pads, they just cost far more. Of course, there are other differences in friction with temps and everything, that was just the very simple conclusion, hehe, but sure, you can get even more bite from non-ceramic at a lower cost and also are more fade resistant when racing/auto-x'ing. For people who rarely race, ceramics are almost certainly one of the best ways to go but those who race a lot I can see skipping ceramics and just deal with the brake dust. So yeah, that's an important thing to mention as well, what heat range you working at most of the time will help you decide, I just over-simplified as for probably 90% of us a ceramic pad is likely best for what our use and needs are.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Dude I'm not trying to have a conversation with you. I just have no desire to converse with somebody that has called me names and still hasn't apologized. I stated my opinion that's it people can choose to watch the video or not. The video is my way of explaining how I feel. If you could please stop quoting my post I would appreciate it I don't need the notifications.

Last edited:

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Dude I'm not trying to have a conversation with you. I just have no desire to conversate with somebody that has called me names and still hasn't apologized. I stated my opinion that's it people can choose to watch the video or not.
I didn't call you names out of nowhere and I DID apologize for my part in that, but you conveniently forget that you started it mocking and belittling me just for bringing up a point for discussion... not sure what more you think you need, so if you don't like conversation then don't post at all, pretty simple huh? People who carry dumb shit around forever with no concept of what fault, blame or what an apology is are not worth worrying about in life. So sure, keep harassing me by bringing up shit from the past when I've done my part in trying to move on like we had already agreed to do, LOL. But no worries, won't have to hear about your whining about some apology for shit you started any more, easy to add you to the ignore list. Ignorance is bliss!

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Damn dude what the hell? I actually enjoy conversing with 99.9% of people on here.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
This is what it shows for '15 too:
View attachment 19425

So, not sure why yours didn't, or if they really did, as you are the very first person to ever claim this... Did you have tons of brake dust from the original ones? If so, the dealer may have swapped A/S tires on or they screwed up at the factory, but absolutely every car that comes with All Seasons from the factory normally gets the ceramic pads, and those are the part numbers for those interested in the OEM ceramics.
My vehicles window sticker states A/s Michelin tires....The wheels were always black and I cleaned them at least once or twice a week. My vehicle has the cold climate package also optioned I do believe as I have a block heater and seat warmers...which is typical for The Midwestern states when you get a new vehicle. [raceflag]

danbfree

3000 Post Club
My vehicles window sticker states A/s Michelin tires....The wheels were always black and I cleaned them at least once or twice a week. My vehicle has the cold climate package also optioned I do believe as I have a block heater and seat warmers...which is typical for The Midwestern states when you get a new vehicle. [raceflag]
Dang, I guess the cold winter package is a dealer installed option, but indeed super unusual that you didn't get ceramics with your A/S, definitely the only one I've ever heard of! But in general, for those who track/auto-x on a regular basis will prob prefer the semi-metallic for fade resistance, while those who only daily it with some spirited driving thrown in, of course, will almost certainly prefer ceramic for no warm up really needed and very low dust. At least we have tons of decent choices in either!

Looks like BRF1507 for rear, and BRF1508 for the front for the Motorcraft ceramics.
I looked up these part numbers, and they appear to fit the '15-'18 FiST. Two Questions:
  1. How are the '15-'18 FiST brakes different than my '14?
  2. Are both the front and rears different?

danbfree

3000 Post Club
I looked up these part numbers, and they appear to fit the '15-'18 FiST. Two Questions:
  1. How are the '15-'18 FiST brakes different than my '14?
  2. Are both the front and rears different?
Good question, I don't know why they aren't listed for '14, other brand pads I see, like the Bosch, for my '17 are also listed under '14, so not sure... Since BRF1507 and BRF1508 are so close in part# and the 1508 is ceramic, honestly I assumed they are ceramic like the BRF1508 is clearly listed as too, but haven't been able to confirm... At least the front's we know are ceramic and that's where most of the brake system does it work/makes the most dust, but good question!

AzNightmare

I just made my purchase at RockAuto.

CENTRIC PLAIN 120 SERIES ROTORS

MOTORCRAFT BRF1494
AY1Z2001D

Pretty much oem. Some other thread and sources I read, people were saying oem pads were underrated and actually outperform some of the aftermarket pads out there, as long as you don't mind the brake dust. I'm not sure if oem is Ceramic or Semi-Metallic though. But I was worried some of the other pads would give me a different bite, so I didn't want to fix what wasn't broken...

I think the Fiesta St has great stock pads. I just stopped cleaning them. they now have a flat black appearance -LOL

Jerickson88

Damn dude what the hell? I actually enjoy conversing with 99.9% of people on here.

Your dingus is showing

There’s so much discussion on the Motorcraft pads.. I still have no issue with the Duralast Semi Metallics. They aren’t nearly as dusty as the OE pads though