Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Slightly sticky clutch peddle?

Hey everyone I just purchased a 2015 St. It has 31xxx km on it.

Just today I noticed the clutch pedal sticking down after I released it. Happened a few time but not all the time. I ended up pulling it back up with my foot when it happened.

Curious what others thoughts are? Is it a simple fix? Covered under power train warentee?
No other issues with the car.

I think it is a common issue and all it needs is the pivot points of the clutch mechanism under the dash lubed. I had to lube my 2017 twice so far. I used lithium grease spray. I had to get a light and twist myself to view under the dash. Make sure to get all the pivot points- there are a few.

I think it is a common issue and all it needs is the pivot points of the clutch mechanism under the dash lubed. I had to lube my 2017 twice so far. I used lithium grease spray. I had to get a light and twist myself to view under the dash. Make sure to get all the pivot points- there are a few.
I would advise against using lithium grease spray on any plastic parts. The lithium grease will soften and weaken it. Use silicone spray lubricant.

The OP could also be experiencing slave cylinder failure if the pivot points are well lubricated.

i had a major problem with this in my 2014, Not only would it stick it would also come up slow. at the end of the day they had to pull the gearbox and replace the slave cylinder.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
i had a major problem with this in my 2014, Not only would it stick it would also come up slow. at the end of the day they had to pull the gearbox and replace the slave cylinder.
Thought you were done here? Tired of American cars! Blah blah blah! [scratch]

Intuit

3000 Post Club
For a "common" issue, I haven't seen many posts saying "my clutch pedal has fallen and can't get up". I've run across maybe two (including this one) since being here?

On my ‘16 Fiesta I needed the whole pedal assembly replaced due to it making a low pitched honking noise and sticking down while releasing. The techs tried greasing it with no sign of helping. If your clutch pedal is making the sound of a straw being poked into your large McDonald’s Coke, then I’d say get it replaced. It got no better with time for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On my ‘16 Fiesta I needed the whole pedal assembly replaced due to it making a low pitched honking noise and sticking down while releasing. The techs tried greasing it with no sign of helping. If your clutch pedal is making the sound of a straw being poked into your large McDonald’s Coke, then I’d say get it replaced. It got no better with time for me.

Mine for sure made this sound and was sticking- even after I lubed the easily accessible pivot points. I put my fingers up there and could actually feel the vibration and where the sound was coming from. It was one of the pivot points- very hard to see and access. I had to shine a light up there way under the dash and twist my head up there to see, then lubed it using the long red tube from the spray lube. Once that was lubed the noise and sticking went away- perfectly normal now.

OP
R
Thread Starter #11
So it turns out it was a quick fix... The delightful people at the dealership forgot to fill my brake and clutch fluid reservior. Filled it up and now it's all good. Ugh haha [facepalm]

good lord. Hopefully you didn't get any air introduced into the system, just waiting until you need to make an emergency stop[:(!]

ROCKYFiestta

aahh this makes me sad I have the same problem it squeals like a pig every time I hit the clutch so annoying. also tried the silicone spray and it did squat.

ROCKYFiestta

stupid question does this car use the same res. for both the clutch and brake?? I looked at mine and it was empty . my old honda use to have 2 separate res. for each just curious. I topped it off with a dot3&4 bottle by Valvoline just wondering if there is something else I should do[pray]

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
stupid question does this car use the same res. for both the clutch and brake?? I looked at mine and it was empty . my old honda use to have 2 separate res. for each just curious. I topped it off with a dot3&4 bottle by Valvoline just wondering if there is something else I should do[pray]
Remember that fluid level goes down as pads wear and rotors wear....FYI.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk