Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

FNG from Atlanta

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Do ya'll ever go to SCCA events at AMS? Thinking about getting into that this year...
I’ve been there as a spectator once, but a lot of local ST guys participate in AutoX at AMS. I do a ton of HPDE stuff though. We have many great tracks close by.

CSM

1000 Post Club
I’ve been there as a spectator once, but a lot of local ST guys participate in AutoX at AMS. I do a ton of HPDE stuff though. We have many great tracks close by.
Would like to get into those as well. But not sure where to start. ANy good events coming up to recommend?

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Would like to get into those as well. But not sure where to start. ANy good events coming up to recommend?
JZilla Trackdays, JustTrackIt and SCCA TNIA are good for basic HPDE. If you eventually want to compete, PCA (Porsche Club of America) is your best bet around here. SCCA TNIA doesn’t offer instruction.

If you’ve never driven on a racetrack, please attend an event that offers instruction. PCA instruction is formal whereas JZilla and JTI are helpful (and required for novice), but won’t qualify you anywhere else down the road. Keep a logbook and have your instructor sign off after each event. That helps when you want to spend a weekend with a different organization that may not know about the club you normally roll with.

AMP is a really fun track in our cars. It’s in Dawsonville, so it’s convenient as well. JZilla has an event there in early March. Don’t wait to sign up for the novice group.. They fill quickly.

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Do ya'll ever go to SCCA events at AMS? Thinking about getting into that this year...
I think tomorrow (Sunday) is the first SCCA AutoX of the season at AMS if you’re interested. I won’t be there but a lot of ST folks will.

CSM

1000 Post Club
I think tomorrow (Sunday) is the first SCCA AutoX of the season at AMS if you’re interested. I won’t be there but a lot of ST folks will.
Saw that. I was going to go but I'm heading to Europe for work Wednesday last minute, so I'm having to get ready for that instead.

BTW I'm in Grant Park if anyone sees me say hello!