Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Recaro vs standard seats - which are lighter weight?

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Maybe it's a goofy thought, and I haven't really looked closely at the inner door panels, but what about adding some sort of foam padding there and on the center console to reduce lateral hip movement during spirited driving?:unsure: Doesn't happen often, but I have slid around from time to time:p
Best solution is to get a cg lock for your seat belt. Really cinch it tight and lock it in place. Another thing i did that helped me was to put 1/8 inch thick washers under the front seat rail bolt to tip the bottom of the seat a bit further.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
The FiST I test drove had the Recaros. I just didn't like them. Too committed. You can't move around as much.
Also, I just don't like leather anything. Got mine with the base seats, and I can sit in them for 10 hour hauls, and I'm fine.

If I was into autocrossing, it would be a different story, but I'm not.

PunkST

2000 Post Club
The FiST I test drove had the Recaros. I just didn't like them. Too committed. You can't move around as much.
Also, I just don't like leather anything. Got mine with the base seats, and I can sit in them for 10 hour hauls, and I'm fine.

If I was into autocrossing, it would be a different story, but I'm not.
I habe the opposite. Base seats didnt hold me well. So i ordered recaro (came from a car with a fixed back, lol) i can do 13 hour stints with no stops in them.

Ive had one ST with recaros and one without .. Im indifferent. I like the Fiesta recaros but I also like the base seats. Car condition is more important to me honestly but I also had a FoST with leather recaros and hated those.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
[thumb]

With you on the hate of leather seating in a car, and yup, 10 hour trip up to, and back from Maine this past weekend in the base seats (not to mention all of the miles done once there, getting to/on/from the rally stage roads), and I got out of the car fresh, despite only getting 5 hours sleep before the haul. [wink]