Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Whoosh V2 intercooler install/review

So I got around to taking the bumper off so that I could install my new Whoosh V2 intercooler along with a used velossa tech big mouth intake I picked up a while back. I spent a good 6 hours start to test drive, but this was my first time removing the bumper and getting used to working behind it so I expect I could do this in half the time or less if I needed to again.

NOTE: the coating is awesome. It make appear in the images there is some silver showing, but this is just reflection of light.

To remove the bumper it's not so bad expect for the annoying 3 bolts per side that attach to the fenders. The angles are just annoying and slow you down:

Here is what comes in the box, there are no instructions, but most people will be able to figure it out. Iused the two washers on the bottom of the bracket (vertical when installed)

how the brackets attach to the intercooler. the whoosh sticker on it is the bottom side.

Somebody at the factory signed my bumper on the inside which was cool:

Comparison of stock vs whoosh V2:

stock installed vs whoosh v2. The fitment is very tight in a good way.

Here is with the shroud cut for the velossa tech big mouth intake. Also pay attention to how the undertray attaches to the intercooler. The clip I'm pointing at gets removed and the bolt screws into the intercooler directly.

Here is the finished product:

I proceeded to flash the car to cobb stage 2. Feels a little faster than stage 1, but not as big of difference as the first flash. It's winter now so I can't give a good impression of how well it works, but it will clearly be far better than stock.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Thanks man especially for the pics. Do you think the washers are used with the other two bolts that go in the front of the intercooler instead of reusing the factory ones? Looks good.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

OP
theblue
Thread Starter #3
Ron would know for sure, but I don't think so because the stock ones worked great for reuse.

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Ron would know for sure, but I don't think so because the stock ones worked great for reuse.
we weren't sure the stock bolts were good enough to reuse so there are 2 extra allen head bolts with washers included
if not used, no worries
great looking install and thanks for the mention[twothumb]

OP
theblue
Thread Starter #5
we weren't sure the stock bolts were good enough to reuse so there are 2 extra allen head bolts with washers included
if not used, no worries
great looking install and thanks for the mention[twothumb]
I used all 6 bolts and the washers on the back side (4 horizontal, two vertical), and reused the factory on the front. Thanks for the awesome product. Feel free to reuse / modify any of my pictures for your business if they help.

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
I used all 6 bolts and the washers on the back side (4 horizontal, two vertical), and reused the factory on the front. Thanks for the awesome product. Feel free to reuse / modify any of my pictures for your business if they help.
perfect - thanks!!!!!

OP
theblue
Thread Starter #8
Just the off the shelf COBB stage 2 for 93 octane. I might get a dance tune this summer.

These tires are from my bmw e30 for ice racing. I’m hoping to get this car on the ice sometime this winter

what tune do you have? Oh and the studded tires give it that Ice racer look.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
some data has been posted on FB I can repost here

how's your new intercooler? Did you post data yet? I may have missed it.

Cant complain....Jason@Dizzy loves it. For the same size intercooler from DHM...Bravoalpha is a 1/3 of the cost. ill grab Data and post it up possibly this weekend if you want.

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Cant complain....Jason@Dizzy loves it. For the same size intercooler from DHM...Bravoalpha is a 1/3 of the cost. ill grab Data and post it up possibly this weekend if you want.
I'm sure it works would just like to see the data just like you are requesting

Just the off the shelf COBB stage 2 for 93 octane. I might get a dance tune this summer.

These tires are from my bmw e30 for ice racing. I’m hoping to get this car on the ice sometime this winter
I am very happy with Dizzy’s stage 1 tune. I am planning to get the whoosh v2 ic in the Spring. My sense is that his stage 2 is just a bit stronger in terms of peak numbers, but will have a meaningful increase in the area under the power curve.

Please PM me if you plan to get onto the ice. If possible I would like to come up from Ithaca to observe (and perhaps catch a ride).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quisp

1000 Post Club
Just installed mine in place of an MTC. Stays way closer to ambient with x47r. Anybody want a used MTC ?