Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Sticker shelf insert low-bling mod

jeff

2000 Post Club
For three years I have been looking for a tasteful and artistic use of my many stickers. On the car? Under the hood? I wanted to put them somewhere but nowhere ever seemed quite right, and I didn't want to put them on my toolbox or away from the car.

The other day I got this idea and before long had it started. I thought to make a removeable insert for the rear cargo shelf at the hatch. I cut a piece of thin pressed board to fit, sanded and painted it, and applied my stickers. I then used a plastic bitch clip to hold it in in the event of rollover or etc. It fits perfect and gives a nice subtle glance at the "sponsors" of my car...it can be removed whenever easily or left in. Real subtle but kinda cool. Bling without bling. I have a few more stickers I'm trying to locate that will fill the blank spots, but it's just about done.

Thought I'd share.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Nice touch! [thumb]

Great idea, but I don't use that cover at all, as my whole backseat/hatch area is gutted from the front seats rearward, save for the side plastic trim pieces.

Looks good. I have done similar inlays on other cargo covers in the past... However, what I noticed first among the tools is the extremely quick and easy access to the bottle opener on the peg board. Well placed sir![thumb]

Jeff, where did you get that dope tune+ decal with the bearded Adam lol. I am tuned by him on 93/e30 and have some other products from him and never got any decals!

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #9
Thanks everyone! I love this mod!

I've added a few stickers and have one more I'm trying to locate and I'll post an updated picture!!!

In terms of the sagging, I've since added a spacer between the shelf and the insert so now the insert is flat even though the shelf sags.

Looks good. I have done similar inlays on other cargo covers in the past... However, what I noticed first among the tools is the extremely quick and easy access to the bottle opener on the peg board. Well placed sir![thumb]
Yes! Good for a Shiner Bock when the hankering comes over me!!!

Jeff, where did you get that dope tune+ decal with the bearded Adam lol. I am tuned by him on 93/e30 and have some other products from him and never got any decals!
Hello sir....I got that 2.5 years ago when I first started modding, it just sat there glaring at me all this time until I finally found a use for it. He might still have some for sale. It came with a part I bought from him.

Thanks everyone! I love this mod!

I've added a few stickers and have one more I'm trying to locate and I'll post an updated picture!!!

In terms of the sagging, I've since added a spacer between the shelf and the insert so now the insert is flat even though the shelf sags.

Yes! Good for a Shiner Bock when the hankering comes over me!!!

Hello sir....I got that 2.5 years ago when I first started modding, it just sat there glaring at me all this time until I finally found a use for it. He might still have some for sale. It came with a part I bought from him.
He will def be getting an email. I need that one for the collection. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #12
Finally located all my stickers and applied, the shelf is done!!!

Updated pics:

I was thinking the same thing.....until I remembered I lack the skills needed.

EDIT: The above comment was intended to be preceded by a quote from earlier in the thread about someone planning to copy this idea....Yeah, it's been a long day.

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #14
I was thinking the same thing.....until I remembered I lack the skills needed.

EDIT: The above comment was intended to be preceded by a quote from earlier in the thread about someone planning to copy this idea....Yeah, it's been a long day.
If you're ever this way (you're in NC, not far, I'm halfway to Atlanta from you) let me know and I'll make you one and paint it for you, you can pick it up, I'm right off the interstate!!! I have plenty of material left!!!

If you're ever this way (you're in NC, not far, I'm halfway to Atlanta from you) let me know and I'll make you one and paint it for you, you can pick it up, I'm right off the interstate!!! I have plenty of material left!!!
I might take you up on that offer. I am trying to get together a plan for a cruise in April. I think we will be sailing out of FL. I imagine we will drive down and I might have to make a pit stop on the way home. If things look like they are going to work out that way, I will PM you. I don't mind paying for your time and supplies. I might even throw in some "barley pop" from your preferred brewer if you are so inclined.

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #16
I might take you up on that offer. I am trying to get together a plan for a cruise in April. I think we will be sailing out of FL. I imagine we will drive down and I might have to make a pit stop on the way home. If things look like they are going to work out that way, I will PM you. I don't mind paying for your time and supplies. I might even throw in some "barley pop" from your preferred brewer if you are so inclined.
No worries man, I already did all the thinking and measuring, I can fab one for you in 15 minutes and then just let the paint dry. PM me if/when you pass through!!!

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #18
One more update...possibly the final one...I now have all the stickers on there that I want:

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
If you want something lighter in weight maybe try some poster board painted black. It won't cause the rear shelf to sag and in an accident it won't be detrimental flying debris that could harm you. I love the idea and may do it myself but with the poster board. My windows are darkly tinted so it won't be as visible. Great idea though!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #20
If you want something lighter in weight maybe try some poster board painted black. It won't cause the rear shelf to sag and in an accident it won't be detrimental flying debris that could harm you. I love the idea and may do it myself but with the poster board. My windows are darkly tinted so it won't be as visible. Great idea though!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Poster board is too flimsy and would look cheap IMHO. I wanted something sturdy that I could remove from the car and tilt vertically in the engine bay for car shows or such. It's not that heavy weight at all.

My windows are 35% tint and I can see the shelf pretty clearly in day weather.