Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Dirt Oriented Tires for 15" Wheels?

I am considering fitting some 15" wheels with dirt oriented tires in order to enjoy all the logging roads in my area. I know passenger car tires won't hold up. The sharp crushed rock they use on some of the roads can wipe out a passenger tire (or two) in the first mile of fast driving.

I tried Kumho Rally tires on my old Focus (R700 model I believe). There were great but only lasted about 5,000 miles of combined street and logging road use.

I would like something along the lines of a BFG All Terrain KO2, but obviously in a size that would fit the Fiesta ST, which they don't make. Any suggestions?

OP
W
Thread Starter #3
Thanks for the tip. How do those tires do the road as far as life and noise? Do they seem to be pretty good in terms of build quality?

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
They are solid gravel tires, yes. I reread your post though and realize you want something that will also last on tarmac. These won't. I would be surprised if you got more than a few thousand miles with street driving.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
True rally gravel tires will NOT last on tarmac, which is why I use the (now XL load rated) General Altimax Arctic 12s for working on gravel rallies.

These cost less than a third of even the cheapest actual gravel tires out there, and will not 'burn up' on the (sometimes 500+ miles of, each way) paved roads getting to the rallies, nor on the transit roads in between the worked stages. [wink]

OP
W
Thread Starter #9
My Kumho R700 were very load on asphalt, but they behaved very well on it as well as gravel.