Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Trouble connecting 3" CPE Nexus with stock 2.5" DP

Just had a used CPE Nexus system installed on my '17 FiST - sounds amazing for the most part :D noticing what I think is a small exhaust leak and the installer thinks the connection between the stock 2.5" downpipe and the 3" exhaust is the most likely culprit. I have a shady memory of reading others having a bit of a struggle getting that connection right - does anyone have any tricks of the trade I can suggest to make that fit nice and snug? Thanks in advance :D

OP
S
Thread Starter #3
I did not! But I am in contact with Mitch who is saying thats what I need also. I think that should solve my issue assuming what I am hearing is indeed a leak at that connection,

DangerMouse

I did not! But I am in contact with Mitch who is saying thats what I need also. I think that should solve my issue assuming what I am hearing is indeed a leak at that connection,
That would do it! You should make sure to use new gaskets as well. Ive already replaced my oem downpipe gasket twice. They don't seem to like being reused.

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
Before you think of going catless, I’m here to tell you this exhaust is stupid loud. I’ve had mine for a couple of years and it’s too loud at times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
I dont think mine is that loud. Maybe you have the resonator deleted pipe in?

Here is mine. Catless but thinking of switching. Depending on how Seriously the cops are going to be about the new exhaust crap.

https://youtu.be/eRqekhpS31Y

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk