Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Difference between Focus 15 spokes and the Ford Racing / EAP wheels?

SST

was eyeing on some Ford Racing / EAP wheels off kijiji locally and they are impossible to find, but these stock focus wheels seems to be cheap, and look similar.

are they the same? or just paint finish differently?

focus 15 spokes wheels.jpg
vs
ford racing wheels.JPG

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
I think one of them has a 49 offset, not too sure. You can tell there are slight differences, look closely at the lip. nonetheless they are very heavy wheels , probably even heavier than stock

OP
S

SST

Thread Starter #3
oh never thought about the weight, is the Ford Racing one still heavier than our stock wheels?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
It is about the same weight as our factory wheels, but is (in my opinion), a MUCH better looking wheel, which is WHY I wished it were the standard wheel, or at least offered as a no cost/low cost option for us, [wink]

OP
S

SST

Thread Starter #5
good to hear its about the same weight.
49 vs 47 offset, i guess its time to run some spacers

Jerickson88

I think it’s the same damn wheel. I had EAPs on my SVTF and I really want a set on my ST. I don’t care about the weight, they are super sharp. Probably don’t weigh enough to notice a difference unless you’re coming from some 16x7 RPFs or 15” Team Dynamics

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
I think it’s the same damn wheel. I had EAPs on my SVTF and I really want a set on my ST. I don’t care about the weight, they are super sharp. Probably don’t weigh enough to notice a difference unless you’re coming from some 16x7 RPFs or 15” Team Dynamics
On a car like this, even -4 lb a corner can be felt. I noticed it when I went to my first winter set up.
These are not heavy bloated torque monsters, every little bit makes a diff.

That being said, these wheels are much better looking than the stock wheels.

Jerickson88

On a car like this, even -4 lb a corner can be felt. I noticed it when I went to my first winter set up.
These are not heavy bloated torque monsters, every little bit makes a diff.

That being said, these wheels are much better looking than the stock wheels.
I can see that but at the same time are we talking 5lbs a corner or 2? Question though, would the heavier wheel make a smoother ride?

Jerickson88

This is the EAP Part number

m-1007-s177e

http://focusraceparts.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=7641

This is the “standard production” wheel for the 2008-2011 (May be a hair off but that year Focus sucked anyways)

https://www.autorimshop.com/ford-fo...MIqZCv0YSA4AIV1cDICh3iZgViEAQYASABEgIWIfD_BwE

Both are +49mm. I do believe these are the same. I’m guessing Ford had an over run on wheels and incorporated them into a different body style.

I am lookin for the 15” meshes that came on the 2005 and up!

In reference to the picture, I’m also 99% sure that the lighting or flash has made the color seem lighter in one pic.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
This is the EAP Part number

m-1007-s177e

http://focusraceparts.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=7641

This is the “standard production” wheel for the 2008-2011 (May be a hair off but that year Focus sucked anyways)

https://www.autorimshop.com/ford-fo...MIqZCv0YSA4AIV1cDICh3iZgViEAQYASABEgIWIfD_BwE

Both are +49mm. I do believe these are the same. I’m guessing Ford had an over run on wheels and incorporated them into a different body style.

I am lookin for the 15” meshes that came on the 2005 and up!

In reference to the picture, I’m also 99% sure that the lighting or flash has made the color seem lighter in one pic.
Why do you got to knock my daily driver. I have a 2010.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Jerickson88

Why do you got to knock my daily driver. I have a 2010.

Because Ford is a bastard! They went from the SVTF and turned away without a replacement, much like they are doing now! Although, the 05-07 “ST” with the 2.3 duratec turned out alright. I’m sure the 08 and up were nice but I was out of the market then. I felt abandoned as a hot hatch owner.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Because Ford is a bastard! They went from the SVTF and turned away without a replacement, much like they are doing now! Although, the 05-07 “ST” with the 2.3 duratec turned out alright. I’m sure the 08 and up were nice but I was out of the market then. I felt abandoned as a hot hatch owner.
This is true. You can also get these wheels in black they come with a Ford racing center cap. I actually have a set of the SVT Focus wheels unfortunately they are out of around, and are very difficult to get balanced. They are black I like them, but unfortunately they are just not truly round anymore. I was going to scrap them after the tires wear out probably 2020. If you ever drive out to NC after I am done with them, you can have them.

Jerickson88

This is true. You can also get these wheels in black they come with a Ford racing center cap. I actually have a set of the SVT Focus wheels unfortunately they are out of around, and are very difficult to get balanced. They are black I like them, but unfortunately they are just not truly round anymore. I was going to scrap them after the tires wear out probably 2020. If you ever drive out to NC after I am done with them, you can have them.

I may take you up on that! Back in about 2007 those Dark Argent wheels were like $100 each, my 5 spokes were trashed, so I bought a new set of the 15 spokes and some Neo Gens. That was a cool car. At one point I had a test pipe and it made crackles coming off throttle, much like guys do now but without the tune

PunkST

2000 Post Club
The main difference is where the center cap mounts. Iirc the eap wheels have a more pronounced up sweep toward the cap as opposed to the 15 spoke ses wheel. Its only noticable if you have both wheels next to each other.

Same weight and offset otherwise.

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Just be aware these rims aren't tpms compatible and are a violation of the nhtsa rules about tpms. It's the same as for our cats, if the car came with it it is against the law to disable. But, most problematic, it's illegal for a shop to install these on a car that has a tpms sensor so you may have a hard time getting these installed. Check out the tread act. Love the rims though... It's a shame I can't use them.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Lmfao, i turned that off with forscan. You may have to bolt them on yourself but you should be able to drop of a set of wheels and tires for a mount and balance at just about any reputable shop and ask that no tpms be installed.

Hell i went and got a set of R compounds installed on old focus 16" wheels for autocross right at the dealer where i bought the car from.

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Just be aware these rims aren't tpms compatible and are a violation of the nhtsa rules about tpms. It's the same as for our cats, if the car came with it it is against the law to disable. But, most problematic, it's illegal for a shop to install these on a car that has a tpms sensor so you may have a hard time getting these installed. Check out the tread act. Love the rims though... It's a shame I can't use them.

Idk why anyone thinks this. My stock TPMS worked just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Most folks have re used stockers or bought the universal ones. OR turned off tpms with forscan.

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
R compounds are not illegal just sticky tires are. As long as the dot stamp is on the tire it's good.