Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Pumaspeed X57/R/RS

Any news with this? Jason. I'm super happy you have one, that's definitely bringing my business to you again. I'm eyeing that 57 base. Curious what your thoughts on the turbo are

Any news with this? Jason. I'm super happy you have one, that's definitely bringing my business to you again. I'm eyeing that 57 base. Curious what your thoughts on the turbo are
I have been waiting to post my results, as I have been trying to sort out a coolant leak from the new turbo. Pumaspeed's customer service is lackluster at best, and I have already shelled out extra money on new lines and crush washers.

As of now, the turbo has been removed and is being sent back to Pumaspeed for a refund. I am not recommending this turbo to anyone.

While it was installed, I did manage to get some data that I can share later. But I was seeing roughly 280whp at 28 psi on 93 octane - so not that impressive.

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
I have been waiting to post my results, as I have been trying to sort out a coolant leak from the new turbo. Pumaspeed's customer service is lackluster at best, and I have already shelled out extra money on new lines and crush washers.

As of now, the turbo has been removed and is being sent back to Pumaspeed for a refund. I am not recommending this turbo to anyone.

While it was installed, I did manage to get some data that I can share later. But I was seeing roughly 280whp at 28 psi on 93 octane - so not that impressive.
S280 for me then.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account

Appreciate you sharing this!

What's the story on the Borg Warner K04/K16 turbos? From what I've read, the K04 is/was used by Volvo and Audi, whereas the K16 is used by Porsche in the 911. How does the KKK series compare to the EFR, or even GTX?
The cobalt SS and speed 3 uses this turbo itā€™s a great all around turbo on its own merit, and you can seriously mod the Shit out of them, unlike the useless k03 in the focus st

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I saw somewhere the X57RS that was installed had capped out around ~250whp on 93 (not Jasons). Dunno if true but, sort of sad for something this big to be a letdown.

Last edited:

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
I saw somewhere the X57RS that was installed had capped out around ~250whp on 93 (not Jasons). Dunno if true but, sort of sad for something this big to be a letdown.
We discussed this in another thread, there seems to be about a 270-300whp ceiling on turbo 4's on 93 octane. Maybe the small displacement plus required boost levels don't allow much for much above 300hp without ethanol. Pure uneducated theory based on conjecture from BT turbo 4's from different platforms on 93.

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
We discussed this in another thread, there seems to be about a 270-300whp ceiling on turbo 4's on 93 octane. Maybe the small displacement plus required boost levels don't allow much for much above 300hp without ethanol. Pure uneducated theory based on conjecture from BT turbo 4's from different platforms on 93.

I thought we determined it was due to the injectors + air flow lb/min. I was just commenting because I believe Pumaspeed markets these at a much higher hp level than what they've been able to accurately obtain on the street. Yet we have x47Rs that have hit 300whp on 93. It has to be something to do with air being moved, otherwise it doesn't make sense for some to cap out lower than others.

wetwea33

Plenty of mk7 gtis with over 400whp on straight 93.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk