Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Pumaspeed X57/R/RS

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
I have a x57rs in my garage right now. I'll do some testing and get back with my results once my build is drivable again. I'm figuring that I've done everything I can to supply adequate fuel and air so if I hit low numbers I know pumaspeed is lying about their numbers.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I have a x57rs in my garage right now. I'll do some testing and get back with my results once my build is drivable again. I'm figuring that I've done everything I can to supply adequate fuel and air so if I hit low numbers I know pumaspeed is lying about their numbers.

If you have aux and whatnot I think you'll be fine. I believe they inflated their numbers on the stock fuel system.

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
I'll be getting a bravo alpha fuel pump and running perons 4 port and eventually try running straight e85

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Also, I hope not as well. Tim pownall told me they fixed those problems and that it was a machine error but it doesn't mean shit if I install it and it doesn't work. I've also heard stories of white smoke and I think it's the same issue, coolant leaking

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I'll be getting a bravo alpha fuel pump and running perons 4 port and eventually try running straight e85

Just remember that e85 can vary in its purity which legally can be between 51% to 83%. This is why mixing is better as you have more control.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Get the Fuelit Bluetooth one its was like $300. Then get the Fuelit app and just pull the app. up on your phone to check what's coming through the line and it Temp. I have it and love it!

wetwea33

Just remember that e85 can vary in its purity which legally can be between 51% to 83%. This is why mixing is better as you have more control.
Mixing is in no way better. Just test the pump you regularly fill up with once a month and you will be fine. The ecu can compensate for slight deviations. Your not gonna get large fluctuations at the same pump or ussually even in the same area.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

wetwea33

So much buyer's remorse over here.
I love my buddy's mk7 and it's a much nicer car then my fist but in reality it isn't as fun to drive. If I didn't get a fist it would have been a dct mk7. I've seen guys making 420whp on 93 with the stock fuel system.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Mixing is in no way better. Just test the pump you regularly fill up with once a month and you will be fine. The ecu can compensate for slight deviations. Your not gonna get large fluctuations at the same pump or ussually even in the same area.

This is not TRUE about filling up at the same pump....I have seen it fluctuate a lot from the same pump. Bringing a tester to the gas station and having to dick around with the Tube tester...spilling...smelling like e85. No thanks ill just have a gauge that's more precise. I spoken with Numerous tuners about running straight e85 and I've gotten the same answer...NOT WORTH IT. But then again WTF do I know.

wetwea33

This is not TRUE about filling up at the same pump....I have seen it fluctuate a lot from the same pump. Bringing a tester to the gas station and having to dick around with the Tube tester...spilling...smelling like e85. No thanks ill just have a gauge that's more precise. I spoken with Numerous tuners about running straight e85 and I've gotten the same answer...NOT WORTH IT. But then again WTF do I know.
Of the pumps ive used ive never had any of them test under e80, even in the winter. Not having to mix is really convenient. Most people just have an e85 tune for summer and e55 tune for winter as alot of places shift into winter blends.

wetwea33

This seems really low for 28psi. S280 is making more with 28psi tapering to 24psi past 5800 before my aux was turned on. What Kind of timing were running. The AFR doesnt seem fat.