Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Pumaspeed X57/R/RS

pwnall1337

Vendor
So basically another hybrid? But this time based on the K04. [MENTION=602]pwnall1337[/MENTION] stated this would be bespoke castings...guess not. Not saying the K04 is a bad thing. I had a speed3 and tuned VWs for over a decade. But i was really looking forward to a purpose built, ground up, bolt-on (no v-band) solution for our platform. I have a brand new DP sitting in my garage that's been waiting for a friend for only 3 long years. Maybe it's time to just give in and buy an X47 :(

Original discussion about this X57 NOT being a hybrid.
https://www.fiestastforum.com/threa...)-intro-review?p=329568&viewfull=1#post329568
The X57 series turbos are not hybrids. They are proprietary pumaspeed castings (larger than turbotechnic casting) and come in 2-3 versions. The 2 main versions are X57 which will use a K04 style compressor wheel and bearing assembly, and the X57RS will use a K16 compressor wheel and bearing assembly.

Expect 350whp from the X57 and slightly over 400whp from the X57RS.

The X57RS will be exclusive to Pwnall Performance

TDavis

1000 Post Club
I was OK with buying the X57 right out of the gate - Pumaspeed has a pretty solid track record with the X37/47. The car isn't my DD, and I'm running a Guardian Angel to protect the engine - so I figured anything major would just be (probably warrantied with Puma.

Fit and finish on the ATP kit leaves a bit to be desired (my pictures started a shit show on FB... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ) - but the people in the FiST game that I trust the most (Ron@whoosh and Alex@stratified) both chimed in and reassured me that while it's not pretty, it's fine. So I'm gonna send it.. [driving]

I ordered the AET ported manifold with the 42mm output flange. I was also thinking about having the ATP downpipe adapter gasket matched to the turbo and the compressor outlet cleaned up and polished, but I'm pretty hesitant about having any work done on the flange. I might take it all with me to the machine shop and see what they have to say.
Yep I remember that, I was one of the ones who commented on it saying I got scared af at the pictures but then I read the comments and felt much better.

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
The X57 series turbos are not hybrids. They are proprietary pumaspeed castings (larger than turbotechnic casting) and come in 2-3 versions. The 2 main versions are X57 which will use a K04 style compressor wheel and bearing assembly, and the X57RS will use a K16 compressor wheel and bearing assembly.

Silly Pumaspeed should really just state that. As they worded it, basing a turbo off of another turbo is...well basing it off another turbo. If this is a new casting (and i believe you) then they should just say that!!! Very foolish of them to leave it open to the obvious interpretation. If they didn't have you translating for them the only assumption we could make from their statement is that they bought a bunch of K04 castings and stuck new bearings and wheels in them. And then to use the same X naming convention leads to even more assumption that it's a hybrid...but glad it's not a hybrid :) I swear, if we all find out later that this was some language shit and this IS a hybrid we're gonna drag them through the coals lol As a community we're still recovering from the Revo nonsense...Not to forgot Vargas, MRX fitments, and all of the other bullshit we've endured. Please let this be the holy grail we all want it to be. I can't take another disappointment. C39 anyone?

And thank you for clearing that up. For your sake I hope they're not blowing smoke up your ass ala DHM....again, C39 anyone? lol

Last edited:

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
hmmmm. now I wonder if they'll port match their ported manifold to the x57

pwnall1337

Vendor
I couldn't be any more clear when I say the X57RS is not a hybrid. The Revo RT330R is not a hybrid either. A hybrid turbo is a turbo where the stock housings are used and modified with different internals. Casting turbine and compressor housings automatically make it not a hybrid. K04 and K16 wheel assembly's are used in many different turbos and does not define a turbo as a hybrid by using them.

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I couldn't be any more clear when I say the X57RS is not a hybrid. The Revo RT330R is not a hybrid either. A hybrid turbo is a turbo where the stock housings are used and modified with different internals. Casting turbine and compressor housings automatically make it not a hybrid. K04 and K16 wheel assembly's are used in many different turbos and does not define a turbo as a hybrid by using them.
Agreed. You've been very clear here. Pumaspeed hasn't. That's all there is to it. Without you batting for them all we'd have here is "based off K04" etc...CHRA from K04/K16 with bespoke casting for our platform is all they had to say. To make matters worse, they say based off K04 and show a pic of a housing lol. Thanks again!

Since the X57RS is going to be exclusive to Pwnall Performance, what is going to be the Cost of this? Will it be the Turbo only, a Complete kit or different variations based on what the customer wants? Thanks

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Izzy

What he said!!!?!!

Since the X57RS is going to be exclusive to Pwnall Performance, what is going to be the Cost of this? Will it be the Turbo only, a Complete kit or different variations based on what the customer wants? Thanks

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

jeff

2000 Post Club
I posted a newish video I found today where Tony from Pumaspeed explains the X 47 and X 57 series in great detail. Very interesting, check it out in the eco-boost engine upgrade section.

Per order guys on the UK fiesta pages have started demanding refunds (they were told/sold as late May delivery), I wouldn’t hold your breathe waiting for it.